Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

IndyCar: 2012 Sao Paulo Brazil Race Highlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow IndyCar: 2012 Sao Paulo Brazil Race Highlights

2012 Sao Paulo Brazil Race Highlights

Another win for Power, Japan's Takuma Sato earns first podium finish in the series

SÃO PAULO, Brazil – Two weeks ago at Long Beach, Takuma Sato was a few turns from potentially earning his first IZOD IndyCar Series podium finish. But a bump and run by Ryan Hunter-Reay, which didn't escape the view of Race Control, dropped the Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing driver to eighth.

Fast forward to the Itaipava São Paulo Indy 300 presented by Nestle, where it didn't appear Sato would have a chance at a podium spot after starting 25th of 26 cars because of an unapproved engine change after practice April 28 and incurring a drive-thru penalty for a pit lane speed violation.

But that's exactly what the third-year IZOD IndyCar Series driver did over the course of 75 laps on the 2.536-mile, 11-turn street circuit.

“It is a fantastic feeling to finish third," he said. "It was an eventful race starting from the back of the grid. I needed to fight back so hard to get the positions back. The first part of the race was really hard, not necessarily on the overtaking but to follow the strategy, and at one stage we had a pit speed penalty but we gradually moved up.

"Finally, after a difficult weekend, it is a relief to get this result and I am really pleased to bring the team a third place and see the first checkered flag of the season. It was a great day.”

More than 52,000 spectators, according to the promoter, cheered as all four Brazilian drivers competing in the race were running in the top 10 on Lap 34.

Though only one -- Rubens Barrichello, competing in his first IZOD IndyCar Series race in his hometown -- finished in the top 10, it didn't dampen their enthusiasm.

"I just want to thank all the Brazilian fans for coming out to the race," said Barrichello, who was running fifth on Lap 34. "I gave my very best. Unfortunately, because of all the cautions flags our strategy didn’t work out but it will out some other day."

Read More:
Notes: Sato earns first podium finish in the series

2012 Sao Paulo Brazil Race Highlights - YouTube

Old 04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enough
Very great highlight video with awesome action shots plus zero commentary. Perfect. Thanks for the great find!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Amazing!

I'm really happy to see the nice racing events going back to Brazil