Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Pit-Stop (https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/)
-   -   2012 Formula 1 Official Malaysian GP Banter Thread (https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/71004-2012-formula-1-official-malaysian-gp-banter-thread.html)

Alzilla 03-21-2012 04:11 PM

2012 Formula 1 Official Malaysian GP Banter Thread

It's a quick turnaround from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur for the Malaysian GP.

With McLaren and particularly Jenson Button looking very strong in Australia, I expect them to keep the momentum going but as we all know, anything can happen and both Red Bull and Mercedes appear to be poised to capitalize on any mistakes the McLaren drivers might make.

Make sure to tune in to this thread for the banter during the practice sessions, as well as qualifying and the race.

The Yank 03-21-2012 04:33 PM

Go vettel.

ECB 03-21-2012 05:51 PM

as always,
at this point anything is possible...so I`m not going to put any bets on this or that,but I`m sure every team will fight hard to get that psychological effect of being superior by winning the first few races.

(Go Vettel!!) :D

Dave M 03-21-2012 06:11 PM

What are thoughts on Lotus?

jenk12m 03-21-2012 06:38 PM

Lotus looks great. I wanted to see grosjean finish the race and kimi will get better and better with more races. I think Jensen will keep up the pace with lewis looking to do better in the race and not just in qualifying

strebo 03-21-2012 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alzilla (Post 1266091)
It's a quick turnaround from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur for the Malaysian GP.

With McLaren and particularly Jenson Button looking very strong in Australia, I expect them to keep the momentum going but as we all know, anything can happen and both Red Bull and Mercedes appear to be poised to capitalize on any mistakes the McLaren drivers might make.

Make sure to tune in to this thread for the banter during the practice sessions, as well as qualifying and the race.

Don't forget Alonso(Not Ferrari, not Massa, but Alonso) :). He did a solid race in Australia.

Master Shake 03-21-2012 07:43 PM

The thoughts on Lotus are positive, and not just with the car. Kimi is a known quantity and already a WDC, but Grosjean really turned heads by qualifying 3rd in Australia. Needless to say, top team bosses will be keeping an eye out for him.

As for this race, I have been hearing that we should expect thunderstorms all weekend. Personally, I am hoping for a dry Quali and wet Race.

Chris from Cali 03-21-2012 09:35 PM

Schumi will have demanded a reliable car. So it'll be Schumi, Button, Kimi on the podium. You read it here first.

The Yank 03-21-2012 09:45 PM

rainy = vettel, that's how he won his first race. in a toro rosso no less

IIVVX 03-22-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Master Shake (Post 1266238)
The thoughts on Lotus are positive, and not just with the car. Kimi is a known quantity and already a WDC, but Grosjean really turned heads by qualifying 3rd in Australia. Needless to say, top team bosses will be keeping an eye out for him.

As for this race, I have been hearing that we should expect thunderstorms all weekend. Personally, I am hoping for a dry Quali and wet Race.

kimi will be one to watch, and i suppose grosjean doesn't have to worry about keeping his bank job anymore. superb effort for 3rd in quali.

dry/wet always shakes things up nicely.