Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Pit-Stop (https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/)
-   -   2012 Formula 1 Official Malaysian GP Banter Thread (https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/71004-2012-formula-1-official-malaysian-gp-banter-thread.html)

alwin 03-23-2012 11:15 PM

Hamilton has been tearing up P1 & P2 so far, clocking the fastest lap time for both days, definitely looks like he's got more performance out of his car since Australia. He definitely wants payback for losing his pole position to Button and then his 2nd place to Vettel in Australia. Deep down though, I'm really rooting for Alonso, even though he's driving a pos f-car again this year and probably not likely to keep pace with the faster Red bull & McLaren cars...he gained 7 positions in Australia with it though and that's remarkable.

I also think if the conditions remain dry, the Mercedes car+Schumacher have a slight edge with their "DRS cheat" since Sepang is a faster circuit than Australia. If it rains, which looks like it will from the forecast, he doesn't stand a chance.

Kimi is out man, he'll get points but nowhere near the top. He has already been penalized 5 places on the grid because they had to change his gearbox.

Practice laps:
2012 Malaysian Grand Prix | Formula 1 | Live F1 News | Results | ESPN F1

DJ 03-24-2012 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali (Post 1267851)
All you Schumi haters can suck it... Let's hope his good work in practice carries over to qualifying.

;-)!
Always good to see Schumi on the mix, he's driving very well boys!

Peloton25 03-24-2012 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by strebo (Post 1266196)
Don't forget Alonso(Not Ferrari, not Massa, but Alonso) :). He did a solid race in Australia.

He definitely got more out of the car than it deserved but his success came from other teams failures more than anything else. I don't think he'll be a factor here at Sepang.

Originally Posted by alwin (Post 1267878)
Deep down though, I'm really rooting for Alonso, even though he's driving a pos f-car again this year and probably not likely to keep pace with the faster Red bull & McLaren cars...he gained 7 positions in Australia with it though and that's remarkable.

I don't really look at it as him gaining 7 positions when 4 of the cars that started ahead of him DNF'd and Rosberg had massive tire degredation issues and then a puncture which all contributed to a much better result for Alonso and Ferrari than they would have achieved otherwise.

>8^)
ER

bdeitemeyer 03-24-2012 03:50 AM

Should be an interesting qualifying session, the practice sessions could be a bit deceiving as the weather & some breakdowns prevented the teams from really going all out. Kimi's 5-grid penalty might make for some aggressive overtaking during the race as well.

bdeitemeyer 03-24-2012 04:11 AM

Regardless of how much Alonso is overachieving, Massa's performance (or lack thereof) has to be bothering the heck out of Ferrari. I can't see him continuing like this & making it through the entire season.

Peloton25 03-24-2012 04:11 AM

Yeah - in Q1 Massa has done 4 laps and is the bubble boy in 17th. Sad...

>8^)
ER

bdeitemeyer 03-24-2012 04:15 AM

Both Ferraris out on the softer (medium) tire in Q1. Yikes.

B4rad 03-24-2012 04:26 AM

Wow, Webber managed to get the fastest time on the hard tires from out of nowhere!

bdeitemeyer 03-24-2012 04:27 AM

Yep, he had to stop sandbagging & show some of the car's muscle ahead of Q3.

strebo 03-24-2012 04:35 AM

Stream? :)