Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

JRM: From FIA GT to endurance racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute

Coming of the FIA GT1 World Championship, where they won the world driver title in 2011, the British team JRM will race on the 17th March at Sebring in the debut of the new FIA World Endurance Championship with the new Honda ARX-03a prototype.

One of the unwritten rules of Endurance is that if you survive the 12 Hours of Sebring, you can face the 24 Hours of Le Mans with confidence. For its debut in endurance, JRM will race one of the toughest circuits of the discipline. But they are not underestimating the challenge that awaits them, JRM and their three drivers (David Brabham, winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2009, Karun Chandhok and Peter Dumbreck) have confidence but also respect for such a tough test of man and machine..

James Rumsey (Team Principal): "After two successful years campaigning GT1 cars in one-hour races, this is our first full-season of endurance racing. It's great to start the year with a world title behind us, with three top drivers and a brand-new LMP1 car competing in a brand new championship. There's no doubt this season is going to be a tough one, but we have proved before that we can achieve what we set out to do, which means we have a very exciting journey ahead of us."

David Brabham: "I saw the car for the first time last week and, although there are a few detail changes, it is very similar to the one I came second in at Sebring last year. It would be great to have a podium result this time but, being our first event with the new car, we may need a bit of luck to do it. We are going to be taking a great deal of information away with us from Sebring, so things are bound to get stronger as the year progresses."

Karun Chandhok: "For me, this will be my first time competing in a Le Mans Prototype and it's a very interesting challenge. There is a real mentality shift for me this year in terms of having to share a car with other drivers. When you're racing in single-seaters, you may be part of a team but you need to be a bit selfish. But this year, my success also depends on the success of my team mates."

Peter Dumbreck: "During the winter I have been training very hard, so from the fitness point of view I know I'm in good shape. Even so, it's a big challenge to prepare for a 12-hour race with a brand new car. I think it will be important to take it step-by step-to build up through the test days so we are all comfortable when race day arrives. I have no experience of Sebring, so it's going to be a real baptism of fire. Therefore, the season can only get easier, as I have raced at most of the other tracks."

Nigel Stepney (Team Manager and Head of Engineering): "Even as FIA GT1 Champions, going from where we were last year to the WEC with an LMP1 car is huge step. And, to have the 12 Hours of Sebring as our first event certainly adds to the challenge. But, as history has shown, we like a challenge and I'm confident that we'll rise to it."

Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's a hell of a team lineup. I hope to see them do well this year.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
These guys did a hell of a job with their R35 GT-R last season. Can't wait to see what they do with their hands on this vehicle.