Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ridge Motorsport Park: Tour and Parade Lap

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Ridge Motorsport Park: Tour and Parade Lap

Ridge Motorsport Park

Finally, a new playground for the kid in us all within driving distance!
Words and pictures by Jason Tang

When word got out that a new track facility was being developed, many dismissed that as simply more rumors. But this time, it really was happening. A group of car enthusiasts led by Rod, a long time race car driver was finally making this happen. The NW region needed a new track facility badly because our current one was in increasingly poor shape and not very well designed. The nearest decent facility was at best at least 3 hours away and so when construction finally broke ground on the upcoming Ridge Motorsport Park, everyone kept a close eye. Fast forward barely a year the track was nearly ready for use. The asphalt had been laid on a beautifully designed track facility with many more amenities to come. A local track enthusiast who had been involved with the project from the start invited a group of car enthusiast out to the track for a "tour" including a spirited parade lap around the track.

A few Teamspeeders including myself were present at hand to experience it all and the pictures starting off with a small caravan for the drive down to Shelton, WA which was just under 2 hours from Seattle

Driving down

Love the purity of a white Turbo

A sinister looking Scuderia with a great backdrop

Not quite finished

Sports cars of all shapes and sizes and even a trike too!

How I took the video

Yellow is always yummy!

A favorite of mine, the 355

Black is beastly

Self portrait with a friend

Our motley crew for the day

The "mini" corkscrew

Trevor, our host explains a little bit about how things will work

Rod, the track developer explains how it all started, how the track design come to be and basically explains that this track is mainly for track enthusiasts from auto clubs in the area not for race car events such as the 24 hour Daytona, etc.

Driving on the track, it's apparent that they still need to finish things up before it truly will be ready

Time for the second group to go on the track

h20skier's awesome Scud

Rod did a great job leading us around the track even in a diesel pickup truck flying down the straightway!

Some lucky folks got to ride with the drivers around the track

Storybook driving his Scud

My Turbo did great on the track but I wish I brought my Scud out

The Lotus boys were out in force

Even a Subaru Legacy Wagon with Brembos did great on this track

So yummy!

Beautifully manicured landscaping with fencing separates the track property from the public roads

On the way home, our "crew" stopped for lunch

Heading home

Last edited by atomic80; 03-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a blast Jason! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Wow.. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
My dad and I did a parade lap around there two months ago! It's a great track!

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots!
The track looks interesting...how do you like it so far compared to your previous track visits?

Btw..
you`re living the life lil kids are dreaming of..

extensively doing sports,driving nice cars,travelling a lot,having many (female)friends,eating great food regularly...
and the money earning part is somewhere in the corner,crying due to lack of attention

Old 03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
lol that is only 20 mins from my house!!! hmmm moving back to WA is looking better and better

Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
TT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura about
Nice. I will be there soon with the Bullet Racing team. Finally get to move out of the track here in Mission, BC.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics! This is beautiful, but I'm bias

Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looks like it's going to be a sweet track!
For all you MidWesters, I hear that there is going to be a new
track "resort" near Denver CO. I stumbled upon a pamphlet about the development.

But then I lost it. Haha.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80

Some lucky folks got to ride with the drivers around the track
That's my son Patrick riding along. Thanks for snapping the photo.
You mind if I share my photos here too, or should I create my own thread?

Quick Reply: Ridge Motorsport Park: Tour and Parade Lap