Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

New i1 Super Series puts F1 drivers in Radicals

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post New i1 Super Series puts F1 drivers in Radicals

Jacques Villeneuve, Fisichella, Liuzzi, Chandhok confirmed for Indian-based motorsport league

New i1 Super Series puts F1 drivers in Radicals

MachdarMotorsports today officially launched the much anticipated i1 Supercar Series at Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi by unveiling an impressive list of drivers who will participate in the series. Drivers in the inaugural i1 Supercar Series will include 1997 Formula One Champion Jacques Villeneuve, 2011 Formula One drivers Vitantonio Liuzzi and Karun Chandhok, and former F1 race winners Giancarlo Fisichella, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Jean Alesi. Apart from the international drivers, the Indian drivers include Armaan Ebrahim, Aditya Patel and ParthivaSureswaren. At a dinner hosted by Darshan M, CEO, i1 Super Seriesalso announced the FIA approved calendar for the series with the first race in Sepang, Malaysia on January 22, 2012.

A visibly excited Darshan M, CEO, i1 Super Series said, "This is a big moment for us as we confirm our drivers and calendar for the inaugural season. As promised we have a fantastic line-up of proven international race winners mixed with young Indian drivers. The drivers will have their first taste of the Radical SR3 tomorrow so we will work closely with them to make the car even better. We are also proud to announce that we will have two women on the grid, who will comprise one team. With the first race being confirmed for January 22 in Malaysia the countdown starts now."

There will be a driver pool of 27 drivers with 18 drivers being chosen for each race weekend. The drivers for each race weekend will be chosen by the teams themselves. The i1 Supercar Series also announced that there will be a woman line-up on the grid with Indycar driver Pippa Mann and Cyndie. Other drivers confirmed for the series includes former F1 drivers Sakon Yamamoto, Alex Yoong, Red Bull demo driver Neel Janiand former Ferrari and Sauber driver Mika Salo.

i1 Supercar Series Calendar:
January 21/22 – Sepang, Malaysia
February 3/4 – Sakhir, Bahrain
February 10/11 – Losail, Qatar
February 25/26 – BIC, India
March 9/10 – Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi

International Drivers
Jacques Villeneuve
Giancarlo Fisichella
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Karun Chandhok
Jean Alesi
Heinz-Harald Frentzen
Alex Yoong
Sakon Yamamoto
Mika Salo
Pippa Mann

Indian International
Neel Jani
Armaan Ebrahim
Parthiva Sureswaren
Zaamin Jaffer
Mathias Lauda
Aditya Patel
Akhil Khushlani
Phiroze Billmoria
Cyndie Allemann

Indian Drivers
Gaurav Dalal
Ashwin Sundar
Vishnu Prasad
Chirag Malhotra
Abdul Ahmed
Raj Bharath
Ameya Walavalkar
Sahil Shelar
Amittrajit Ghosh
Sailesh Bolisetti
Parth Ghorpade

About i1 series:

i1 Supercar Series is the all new motorsport racing league promoted by Machdar Motorsport. The i1 Supercar Series will consist of 10 races with 9 teams representing different Indian cities. The inaugural i1 Supercar Series season will begin in January 2012 and be held in India, UAE, Malaysia, Bahrain and Qatar. The teams will race the Radical Sportscars' SR3 roadster in the sports car racing series. Each team will be represented by two drivers. At least one driver for each team must be a driver of Indian origin. Teams will compete for a USD 2 Million prize.

Source Autoblog

Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
VinR is an unknown quantity at this point
Great idea! Looking forward to it.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Cant wait for the race in the UAE! Going to be awesome

Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap! What a list of drivers and what a prize! $2 million USD?? Hook me up with a chance at that....

I would assume that they will produce videos for the series which should be exciting to watch.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great idea. It's great that they are utilzing other countries as well to appeal to a greater audience.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by falb
Holy crap! What a list of drivers and what a prize! $2 million USD?? Hook me up with a chance at that....

I would assume that they will produce videos for the series which should be exciting to watch.
When I saw they were racing Radicals the first thing I thought of was "I wonder if Falb is going to be racing in this?" Since you're the only one I know with a Radical lol.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see some races!

Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
should be fun to watch!

Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
When I saw they were racing Radicals the first thing I thought of was "I wonder if Falb is going to be racing in this?" Since you're the only one I know with a Radical lol.
Cheers to that..... Don't you think this car would look quite at home in the series

Old 12-30-2011, 12:00 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^Looks great falb!

Quick Reply: New i1 Super Series puts F1 drivers in Radicals