Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Does Raikkonen Have The Heart For A Comeback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ He has been in talks with Renault before.

In the end, Renault was the best seat he could have gotten.

I can't help but think that he is only as good as his car and I don't recall him being renown for driving development.

I can't see this ending well but it is very entertaining.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I was extremely excited when I heard this. That being said, I don't have high expectations.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ I would very much have liked a Kimi/Alonso pairing.

In a Ferrari, Kimi could be very relevant again.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think so

Old 11-30-2011, 02:03 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
^ I would very much have liked a Kimi/Alonso pairing.

In a Ferrari, Kimi could be very relevant again.
I'd have a heart attack if those two were teammates.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Here's my take:

Kimi got bored and has the need for more speed in his life. That being said, he's too young for the kind of racing he really ought to be doing: gentleman's racing. The kind where you fly in for race weekend without lifting a finger, have the car set up by the best mechanics available to what should be the optimal set-up, and then you're let loose on the track to have fun without hurting your own ego too much.

In F1, that just won't fly. He may be fast, and he may have the hunger, but I don't think he has the motivation to put in the blood, sweat, and tears that so many other drivers put into this series just to keep their seat on the team. At this point, I think he's lucky to get back into Formula 1 because he's with a team that desperately wants to be a front runner but lacks the development and drivers to get there. Despite that fact that he pretty much lucked into his WDC, he's probably the best value for money driver that Lotus Renault could afford, assuming he will actually pull his weight on the team and not just parade around the track like he doesn't really give a f*ck.
Kimi back in F1 is going to boost F1 worldwide, although his english is rubbish he isn't like the other drivers saying what wants to be heard - he says what he want to and stand by it. His interviews, and pictures of him partying, is great for the sport!

Somehow I don't understand when you say he lucked into his WDC? Are you implying he won his WDC because of luck? Because putting in the work getting to F1, be consistent and win races in F1 sure isn't luck in my book.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Btw, anyone know where to get one of those hats he had back in Ferrari? The new-era style hats? Like the one in the picture but a Ferrari one? The ones at f1.com are the boring style.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
st00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond repute
He better be on the pace of his team mate (think it will be Petrol due to the Russian rubles) early on and showing him up pretty quickly... I just want to know where RenaultGp got the cash to pay Kimi, both Senna and Petrol bring sponsorship that will walk with them if they miss out on a drive..

Old 11-30-2011, 02:36 AM
This won't end well
Strebo, is this the one you are talking about?

I think only the drivers get them. I have looked but can't find one.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Strebo, is this the one you are talking about?

I think only the drivers get them. I have looked but can't find one.
Yes it is. I think Kimi is one of the few who has them (if not the one). Everyone else are just using the ugly ones!

Quick Reply: Does Raikkonen Have The Heart For A Comeback?