Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Indy Driver Dan Wheldon dies following crash in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:51 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by st00ge
he went top first into the wire catch fence at least at 160mph+; the fence would of acted like a cheese grater on all that carbon (does the current indy car even have a steel hoop?? I don't know)
Yeah the forces would have been immense. Still incredibly surprising that it was just seemingly ripped away from the rest of the monocoque.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
His crash roll hoop structure completely failed.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
For those who have not seen yet, I penned a short retrospective on Dan's career here.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...look-back.html

Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I'll take a driver over to Dan's house. I heard this morning it was filled with lots of people.

For the people who don't know, Dan Wheldon was a Saint Petersburg resident. I've spoke with him many times in passing. He came into my business once or twice a week for dinner.

The guy was an overall gentleman to say the least. Always smiling, always willing to stop and talk racing, and never one to shy away from his fans.

We lost a good person yesterday and as many people have said it in here before.

His life was tragically cut short doing what he loved.