Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Official Formula 1 Korean GP Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011 | 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond reputemdoog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cmayer
I really don't get how Vettel's car can be so much better than McLarens.. Neither how Webber's isn't even in the same league as Vettel's.

I'd really wanted Lewis to win today, but who can stop this Vettel madness?
Without going into details, I do believe Red Bull to design closer to the limit so to speak (not referring to rules but to actual mechanical design) I'm not certain that is the difference but it certainly could be a factor.

Old 10-16-2011 | 05:09 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I moved into the top 5 in The League. WOO HOO!!
And I dropped to 9th with positions 1, 2, and a dnf; no thanks to Petrov for punting Schumi. Rass man! Though I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on dropping Vettel and Schumi for Jense and Freddie. Have to get creative with my team to get back into the top 5.

Old 10-16-2011 | 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
If you look at the current top 5 you see something very interesting.

4th and 5th place ran the same lineup - Vettel, Hamilton, Massa - and has run that same lineup for the past 5 races. We scored the week's hight total with 650 points.

For me - running 5th - I can't really buy a better three guys with my budget. So I am likely standing pat. I would assume that the 4th place player will do the same.

The 3rd place player ran Button, Rosberg, Vettel. This was a bit weak but still netted 580 points. This player has a big enough budget to make a significant move for the last 3 races.

The 2nd place player ran Massa, Webber, Vettel. Had Webber overtaken Lewis for second place, this would have been the best lineup of the week. If I had this lineup, I would keep it.

The league leader ran Vettel, Button and Alonso. This is a great lineup but did not win the week. Still, this may be the strongest possible lineup going forward. I would rather have Hamilton than Button, but that is largely sentimental.

We shall see.

Old 10-16-2011 | 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Vettle does not have this kind of advantage next year

Oh and Hami is acting like such a baby......

Old 10-16-2011 | 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
I hope Vettle does not have this kind of advantage next year

Oh and Hami is acting like such a baby......
He obviously got it from Massa.

Old 10-16-2011 | 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Spread rep where I could.

Old 10-17-2011 | 06:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
st00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond repute

From GP Plus...

Bloody annoyed RB pitted at the same time as Lucy.. The Nose continued on after they both pitted on old soft tyres and was punching out just as quick times as Mark stuck behind Lucy... Another poor call cost him second place.. Webber always drives his best when he is on plan B doing something different from everyone else, all he needed was a few laps in clear air and he would of jumped the macca.

Old 10-17-2011 | 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Well, Lewis fought off Marsha for nearly 30 laps.

The pit stop was not the reason he took 3rd.

Old 10-19-2011 | 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
If you look at the current top 5 you see something very interesting.

4th and 5th place ran the same lineup - Vettel, Hamilton, Massa - and has run that same lineup for the past 5 races. We scored the week's hight total with 650 points.

For me - running 5th - I can't really buy a better three guys with my budget. So I am likely standing pat. I would assume that the 4th place player will do the same.

The 3rd place player ran Button, Rosberg, Vettel. This was a bit weak but still netted 580 points. This player has a big enough budget to make a significant move for the last 3 races.

The 2nd place player ran Massa, Webber, Vettel. Had Webber overtaken Lewis for second place, this would have been the best lineup of the week. If I had this lineup, I would keep it.

The league leader ran Vettel, Button and Alonso. This is a great lineup but did not win the week. Still, this may be the strongest possible lineup going forward. I would rather have Hamilton than Button, but that is largely sentimental.

We shall see.
Hamilton is a great driver but Button is much more mature on the track IMO, thus making him a better overall pick for points. So far this season it's proven to be a better strategy to have Button in the top 5 then Hamilton top 3 or bottom 3 due to a crash...

Old 10-19-2011 | 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
And we hear from our leader!!

RDuke has The League all but won. Good job brother!!