Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Jenson Button signs new multi-year contract with Vodafone McLaren

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Post Jenson Button signs new multi-year contract with Vodafone McLaren

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes builds for the future re-signing Jenson Button

WOKING, SURREY, UK, 5th OCTOBER 2011

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is delighted to confirm that it has re-signed 2009 Formula 1 world champion Jenson Button to a new multi-year contract. Jenson’s re-signing is a move that will strengthen Vodafone McLaren Mercedes’ long-term stability as it continues to grow and develop its race-winning form into further world championship successes.

Jenson said:

"I’ve never felt more at home at a team than I do at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. I’ve won four of the greatest races of my life here, I’m currently lying second in the drivers’ world championship, and I feel that I’m driving better than ever.

You can only achieve that with the right level of support – and I truly believe that the passion and determination to win are stronger here at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes than anywhere else. As a grand prix driver, those are incredibly powerful feelings to share and be part of, and they’ve only reinforced my desire to commit my long-term future to this team."

"I’ve made no secret of my ambition to continue winning races and world championships, and I fully believe this is the place where I can achieve those aims. "We at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes know how to win, and we’re busy refining an organisation that will enable us to keep on doing that for years to come."

Lewis said:

"It’s great news that Jenson has chosen to stay with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. Jenson has been a great person to work with, and a genuine team-player, from the moment we welcomed him on board. Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is a team with a unique and successful tradition in Formula 1, which I'm proud to be part of. It was the best moment of my career when I won the drivers’ world championship with this team. Jenson and I are as hungry and as ambitious as ever to win races and world championships in the future."

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh said:

‪“Jenson is a great driver and a great guy. In fact, I can safely say that he’s one of the most capable and respected drivers we’ve ever had, and I’m therefore absolutely delighted that he’ll continue to work with us into the future. He’s a considerable credit to this organisation, and I’m proud to be his Team Principal. I feel sure that he’ll now build on the considerable success he’s already achieved with us, and will be even more successful with us in years to come."

“I think he and Lewis say it better than anyone. Their comments show just how much they respect and trust each other, and they once again continue to prove what we as a team have always known: that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has the very best driver line-up in all of Formula 1."

Source [McLaren]

Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Hope Jenson ****ed them in the ass over the contract terms.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
I'm happy to see he signed with Mclaren again. I hope to see great things from Button and many more great races.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Given his talent this year and general attitude, he ought to be making more than Lewis...

Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Now Lewis is in the widow looking in. I think Lewis may be looking to make a move