Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Most Beautiful Race Cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
These I took at Mont-Tremblant Ferrari Festival 2009

Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Rep to you sir. You never see the "E" getting any respect. It is all about the D's and F's. My uncle drove an E at the end of his career. He was fastest, unti Monte Shelton bought the damn 917-30.
Due to evolution of the the aero mods, some feel the M8E was the ugly duckling of the M8's. The integrated high wing and extra vertical fins on the spines of the front fenders gave the car a very tall appearance. I spoke to a few guys at the historics and they love the M8E's over the older models as they are more stable at high speeds and were very well engineered so very few problems pop up when racing them. Although they were more extreme looking, the Shadows and Chapparals rarely won races and are rarely fielded in vintage racing due to them being extremely unreliable, especially compared to the McLarens and Lola's.

At this years Sonoma Historics, there were 30 Can Am cars entered, 18 of which were McLarens. It was quite a sight to see that many M6's and M8's in one place.

Here is one more pic of that beautiful blue M8E with gold stacks

Old 06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^Correction, the above pictured car is actually a McLaren M8 E/F

Old 06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Here are a few "E"'s shots for you Buzz.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Here are a few more I have had the pleasure of seeing in person over the past few years (all pics taken by yours truly)

Old 06-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Here are a few "E"'s shots for you Buzz.

WIN!!! I thought that one with the fins was a 'F'. I really need to get over to my uncles house and scan some of his 'E'.

Here is one of his Mk6. I am the kid standing in the car next to him.

"must spread rep...."

Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Omg E your pics are amazing you've seen some true classics.

Sent from my Droid using Teamspeed

Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Buzz, the model names for the McLaren's Can Am's are confusing to say the least. Then to confuse things even more, privateers have modified them further over the years thus creating the "E/F" or "E/D" designations, none of which appear on the McLaren Trust website car guide. I rely mostly on the programs from the historic Can Am races I have attended for model numbers. Here is the McLaren trust website McLaren Can-Am Cars -- Bruce McLaren Trust - History of motorsport racing legend and founder of McLaren F1 and Can-Am teams

Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
First off, I'm looking forward to BigE posting some Can Am cars. Here are some of my favorite racing Sports Cars. These were the cars that I drooled over as a child.
That Porsche is my all-time favorite.

I still remember watching Yannick Dalmas's backflip in the race leading car at the inaugural Petit Le Mans. And I might have one of the wing mirrors that I filched from the wreckage piled up in the pit lane...

Old 06-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Buzz, the model names for the McLaren's Can Am's are confusing to say the least. Then to confuse things even more, privateers have modified them further over the years thus creating the "E/F" or "E/D" designations, none of which appear on the McLaren Trust website car guide. I rely mostly on the programs from the historic Can Am races I have attended for model numbers. Here is the McLaren trust website McLaren Can-Am Cars -- Bruce McLaren Trust - History of motorsport racing legend and founder of McLaren F1 and Can-Am teams
Very true. They did all the little tweaks like Ferrari did in the 60's, makes it very hard to follow.

I know the trust site. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Most Beautiful Race Cars