Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Le Mans 24 Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
I hope when Audi gets close to taking over Porsche's record 16 overall victories, Porsche is prompted to begin development on an LMP1 car.
Audi won't race against Porsche or VW. Dr. Ullrich has made that clear in an ALMS interview as few months ago, as it's not in the company's best interests (since they're all related). Each manufacturer has their own niche.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Sure that Peugeot's driving was really just wrong, but why all the neagative feelings twords Peugeot? I was routing for Audi the whole race, but you have to hand it to ANY team of drivers that can put up such an entertaining race for more than 24 hours, and only leave a 15 second gap between 1st and 2nd. All of the Peugeot drivers and the whole Peugeot Total team did a fantastic job. Hurray for Audi, and great job to all the teams! But that doesn't give Peugeot an excuse for bumping the Audis around and blocking the #2 like that.(Even though they could have been sore losers, they put up a great race, and awesome entertainment)
Those should be "towards" and "rooting". School's not out yet.

Why is anyone surprised about Peugeot's comments? It's typical Gallic arrogance.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ You're always so fast to correct spelling mistakes!

Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Audi won't race against Porsche or VW. Dr. Ullrich has made that clear in an ALMS interview as few months ago, as it's not in the company's best interests (since they're all related). Each manufacturer has their own niche.
That's what I thought. What I think could happen; the Audi and Peugeot battle goes stale, one thing leads to another, VW halts the Audi effort, and Porsche launches a gasoline flat-6 prototype! I doubt that would happen but it's inevitable that their record will be broken one way or another, they must defend it.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Peugeot did well, but I was unimpressed with the events between Gene and Lotterer. While it was good hard racing to a certain extent, what really pissed me off was when the Peugeot team was interviewed just a few seconds after the Gene/Lotterer moments. When asked why Gene was driving so hard and making contact with the race leader despite being 4 laps down, their excuse was "we saw no blue flag". If they would have said something more masculine and honest along the lines of "we're doing what's in the best interest of our other car that has a chance to win the race", maybe I'd respect them more. But hiding behind excuses and pretending that they didn't see the Audi that flashed his bright lights on him for at least a minute leading up to those moments...that's just pathetic and cowardly. It's tough not to throw out the French barbs when actions are in my opinion "pathetic" or "cowardly".
This.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:28 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a fan of Peugeot because two of my favorite drivers are Simon Pagenaud and Sébastien Bourdais. We all know the Frenchies get crazy and sulk but whatever. I've been a Pagenaud fan since 2008 when he started driving the Acura ARX. Peugeot also has a hard time dealing with the sheer gap between them and Audi, guaranteed. I wouldn't pull that if I was losing but they did. I'm not defending them because I'm no fan of it either but different people react differently. Finishing second and third and fourth consistently gets irritating, and that is the catalyst. Hats off to Audi.

Last edited by 65°V12; 06-12-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
The lead Peugeot car did nothing wrong, and those drivers did pretty well. It seemed to me that when Bourdais really had the opportunity to pressure the Audi, he didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Also, when the track was too wet for good runs on slicks and Lotterer was tip-toeing around the track, Peugeot had a huge opportunity to close the gap and take the lead. They gained some time, but not nearly enough.

I also respected Wurz for taking full responsibility for his off on the track.

So not all of the Peugeot group was an embarrassment, just 2/3 of them.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:39 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
The lead Peugeot car did nothing wrong, and those drivers did pretty well. It seemed to me that when Bourdais really had the opportunity to pressure the Audi, he didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Also, when the track was too wet for good runs on slicks and Lotterer was tip-toeing around the track, Peugeot had a huge opportunity to close the gap and take the lead. They gained some time, but not nearly enough.

I also respected Wurz for taking full responsibility for his off on the track.

So not all of the Peugeot group was an embarrassment, just 2/3 of them.
I agree. That Peugeot, IMO, is the best looking car out there.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
The Audi is by far the coolest looking LMP1

Sent from my Droid using Teamspeed

Old 06-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing job by the Audi Sport Team Joest guys. The rookie Audi team taking on 3 Peugeots with all that time to go seemed impossible. Once again Audi shows us why they are the best!

Shame on Gene and Davidson for driving like that, but that is what Peugeot does. They seem to have a track record for blocking, crashing other cars, and complaining about the rules when they can't win.

They have been named the "dirty" team by a number of publications over the past few years

Old 06-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Speed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura about
Terrific 24hours of racing. Audi deserved that win !!

Quick Reply: 2011 Le Mans 24 Banter Thread