Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Formula 1 Montreal Grand Prix Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ You are the cool chap Dan!!

Alex said that you were a fantastic host! Very generous of you brother.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Barrister
^ We chatted a bit. But he slept most of the time - as did I.

He was not with Jessica. He had another gal with him who might have been his sister.

There were only 4 first class rows on that plane so it was pretty intimate.

Greatest guy in the world. All he could do was praise Lewis and say how the bonehead move he made that almost took them both out was not bad driving.

One of the coolest experiences I have ever had.
Amazing. Jenson seems like a top notch guy. I'm glad he joined McLaren.

His drive was just astonishing. To win a race from 7th while enduring 2 collisions, a nose replacement, a drive through penalty, one badly timed pit stop, and all when your primary opponent had a clean run leading from first lap to last lap. That was probably the best drive I've ever seen!

Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I hate you Dana. That's so damn awesome that you got to meet him and talk to him.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
That is Awesome Dana!!

What an experience that would be to sit next to a F1 World Champion!
Just to walk in and see him on your plane is crazy, I would imagine most of them fly private charters.

Can't wait to see the pictures!! Hopefully you PVR'd the race dana is was the best race so far.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
That's amazing, maybe a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Not sure how much of the race you actually saw, but what he did was truly amazing. How often do you see any driver in F1 come from dead last to win the race? Probably won't happen again in our lifetime.

Edit: If you didn't DVR the race (or didn't DVR the 4 hours after the scheduled listing, I can send you links to download the BBC coverage)
Yes please. I'd love to watch the actual coverage and see everything you miss when you can only see a couple of corners at a time.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I can't get over how amazing it must have been to meet Button on a plane! Definitely a once in a lifetime experience, you are very lucky! If I was in your position I would have been so starstruck I would have been lost for words, with no idea how to start a conversation with a WDC. Awesome! Can't wait for more awesome pictures from you and Alex.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
GREAT pics Alex!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Dana and Alex have literally thousands of great pics from the race and I can't wait to see them. Here's short vid I took from the fence in Q. It's impossible to capture the true sound of the F1 cars and in fact this crappy iphone vid cuts out it's so loud which I thought was kind of fitting.

YouTube - ‪2011 F1 Canada GP.MOV‬‏

Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Who needs drugs, when that is so intoxicating!!

Quick Reply: 2011 Formula 1 Montreal Grand Prix Banter Thread