Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Photoshoot: Global RallyCross Twin Peaks at the Old Mill Adventure Park in WA

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Photoshoot: Global RallyCross Twin Peaks at the Old Mill Adventure Park in WA

It was a very wet and not too chilly day as I made my way up to Snoqualmie, WA for the Global RallyCross event being held up there. This was one of the 3 Global RallyCross events titled "Twin Peaks" at the same facility where DirtFish hosts their rally driving schools. Today was mostly practice and qualifying runs for both 2WD and AWD series. There were some big name drivers such as Rhys Miller and Tanner Foust. Those guys can DRIVE! I'll be going back tomorrow for the race series and will take some more pictures. Here are some from today:

Old 04-16-2011, 01:43 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute

How Canon users waterproof their gear

Works perfectly

Even a Porsche gets in the action too

Old 04-16-2011, 01:44 AM

Some 3 wheel action too

Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 AM

Old 04-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
great pictures!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome stuff Jason!

I'd love to build up my XR4Ti into a rally car like the white one that was racing there.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Some more to come

Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by atomic80
Originally Posted by atomic80
Some more to come

Does anyone have a line to Ford so that I can yell at them.

2 door.

Fiesta.

US.

RS/SVT collaboration.

AWD.

They will literally sell everyone single one they could ever plan on making.

But damn if that doesn't look like a brilliant event.

Last edited by O2Supply; 04-17-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 AM
^^^^Definitely...for the first time in a while, I found myself actually tempted by those Festivas. So much potential, so much fun, etc.

But...I had a chance to talk to one of the technicians about the new Hyundai Veloster coming out soon. The standard non turbo will have 200 hp and the turbocharged version will have 285 hp. What's interesting however is that the Hankook team converted theirs into a monster 525 hp AWD driving machine from a car that used to be FWD!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by O2Supply
Does anyone have a line to Ford so that I can yell at them.

2 door.

Fiesta.

US.

RS/SVT collaboration.

AWD.
I work at the Ford plant in St Paul and I've been telling them to build exactly that, as well as a 3.5 EcoBoost Ranger/Raptor for over a year now. Nobody listens to me...

Quick Reply: Photoshoot: Global RallyCross Twin Peaks at the Old Mill Adventure Park in WA