Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Official 2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:57 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GroupB
I've added him to my Fantasy team and ditched Rosberg, who was worthless all weekend.
Same...so much value lost, though.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
So does anyone believe that Red Bull mint have taken their KERS off or what?
I wouldn't doubt it....It seems the only logical answer. They didn't use it once, even when webber could have used it to pass Alonso

Old 03-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadow
I wouldn't doubt it....It seems the only logical answer. They didn't use it once, even when webber could have used it to pass Alonso
It's a psychological moment. Remember how Red Bull said they need to have teams pulls back on engine power last year?

This is just a game for them.

Or, they're having great reliability because the KERS system might hurt some motors.

Either way, Red Bull is on top.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Shadow
After the race Horner said that they didn't run KERS on Saturday or Race Day.

Horner said that Newey wasn't prepared to tolerate the suboptimization of the weight distribution that would result.

I didn't know KERS was optional but apparently it is optional.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GroupB
I seriously doubt Kubica would have done much better than 3rd, himself - part of what allowed Petrov past Button is that Button wasn't really paying much attention to him. If it were Kubica, he would have been blocked more actively. No-one will let Petrov by like that again.

GREAT drive by Petrov. I've added him to my Fantasy team and ditched Rosberg, who was worthless all weekend.
I don't think Button wasn't paying attention to Petrov, it's that he was blocking Alonso.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
07-13-2010[
I think Petrov represents a significant new talent for F1 and Renault. Of course the Russian rookie driver is full of DNF's, but he has also completely out dueled Alonso and Schumacher on a few very exciting occasions, and made Hamilton stretch his limits. Petrov is a F1 rookie who regularly shows considerable talents and even moments of brilliance along with a raw enthusiasm that completely ignores the current F1 hierarchy. And he seems to bring some serious Russian money! Renault should give him one more year and then evaluate what they have. His high driving energy and refusal to be bettered by his 'betters', may be the start of a real winner
Wish I had said that. ... Wait! I did!
Even a completely broken clock will have the correct time twice a day. Da?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodhii
Wish I had said that. ... Wait! I did!
Even a completely broken clock will have the correct time twice a day. Da?

Da! Well PLAYED!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg
Same...so much value lost, though.
I don't think I lost any? Rosberg went down but my other dudes went up. I started the weekend with 0.20 mil to spend and was right in there when I ditched the pretty boy.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by .:Raul
So does anyone believe that Red Bull mint have taken their KERS off or what?
I believe that Newey doesn't like things that upset his aero.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to behold
Saubers disqualified...

Formula 1

Quick Reply: Official 2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Banter Thread