Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Bernie wants fake rain to spice things up

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The one who uses long sticks to walk on water behind boat gives sound guidance and wise instruction.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
You make a good point h20.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but it's one of the reasons I like Le Mans endurance racing over F1. However, F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports and the cars look and sound amazing. I'd love to see more guys attempt aggressive overtaking. I really dislike seeing an F1 driver lead 75 percent of the race and cruise to the checkered flag.

Enjoy! Man I love auto racing!

YouTube - The Best Formula One Overtakes

Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
To be a true F1 fan, you must love it for the technology of the cars first.

The actual racing is just kind of icing on the cake.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
To be a true F1 fan, you must love it for the technology of the cars first.

The actual racing is just kind of icing on the cake.
Very true, Dana. The technology and hot grid girls is what captivates me.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtechnik
Very true, Dana. The technology and hot grid girls is what captivates me.
It's a shame we don't get to see more of the grid girls with the race coverage in the US.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I don't totally agree. I think that F1 has lost it's desire

because the same guys win all the time. Bernie needs fans to

fuel his desire to charge 20 million for some poor town to

host. Without fans Bernie has nothing. American's are tired of

watching lap after lap with hardly any real passing and 60 lap

races won by pit stops.

By the 10th lap of most races it's already determined. The team

with the best set up for the track they are on just walk from

everyone else.

At least his sprinklers might bring a little chance back for the

back runners.

In a properly set up car at a circuit with cars running 10ths

apart sometimes 100's who's going to catch a guy that has a 1/2

lap lead with 30 to go? It's just not happening.

The cars are amazing. Sound amazing, handle amazing and

everything in between. It's just too predictable for the

average guy.
This double spacing trend is really catching on.

F1 proabably is a little too predictable for

the average joe. I thought it took something away from the

sport when they took away refueling, even it is safer this

way. The sprinklers just seems too circus like though.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Barrister I don't disagree these cars are amazing. It has just become so precise now that really nothing ever goes wrong with them. 5 second pits stops are bad now. That's just crazy.

While I love the performance I am as well a road race guy. American Lemans all the way.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Things go wrong with these cars in every race.

More than one race was stolen from Lewis, Vettel and Alonso last year due to engine, brake and hydraulic issues.

The engine reliability problems were so bad at Ferrari last season that they ran out of their allotment of 9 engines and had to start reusing old ones.

And ask Robert Kubica about blowing pit-stops. He lost a race late last year because he overran his pit box.

The precision is a double-edged sword.

It makes for the greatest racing machine on the planet, but they are very temperamental.

That is where the passion for F1 begins and ends.

These cars race on the razor's edge at all times. Anything can happen during a race.