Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Bahrain Grand Prix Cancellation Threat Remains

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
All is good, just been glued to the TV and twitter. It's a very limited area in Bahrain which is affected, otherwise other places are business as usual. Foreign media has been blowing things out of proportion and being very one-sided. The main problem now is that we don't know what the next step is. All protestors have been evacuated, but whats brewing now is worrying alot of people. Wish us luck!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I really hope it isn't cancelled, i've been looking forward to the new season since the last one finished!

Old 02-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
All is good, just been glued to the TV and twitter. It's a very limited area in Bahrain which is affected, otherwise other places are business as usual. Foreign media has been blowing things out of proportion and being very one-sided. The main problem now is that we don't know what the next step is. All protestors have been evacuated, but whats brewing now is worrying alot of people. Wish us luck!
Yeah I agree! It's the media frenzy that's driving things here. We're all doing OK and like he said, it was limited to one small area.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Yup it was concentrated in the Pearl Roundabout area and it is all clear now, BUT like the Brothers before me said the thought of whats to come next is worrying.

The media has abused a lot of shite and blown this out of proportions in a lot of aspects. I had my American colleagues sitting with me yesterday in a local coffee shop with so much anger on their face towards the media.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I hope things improve for those affected. Stay safe TS'ers over there.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
I hope things improve for those affected. Stay safe TS'ers over there.
Yeah. I posted this before things got really bad.

The human dangers kind of put F1 into perspective.

I hope that everyone comes out of this safely. Racing is way down the list.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Spoked to Hani who sad it was scary right now and yes "Racing is way down the list" and the human and the safety of them is what matters.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
F1 also realizes that the human factor takes precedence.

Here is the latest news.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
revio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond reputerevio has a reputation beyond repute
Extra test planned if Bahrain is cancelled

Formula 1 teams are planning to hold an extra pre-season test if the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix is cancelled.

With unrest in the country casting serious doubts over both the race and the four-day test, which is scheduled to start on March 3, the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) sporting group met last night to discuss alternative scenarios.

AUTOSPORT understands teams considered several options during the meeting. These included the cancellation of the test and/or the race and the feasibility of replacement track time.

Pre-season testing is limited to 15 days and teams are keen to replace the Bahrain test, if it is called off, with Barcelona and Jerez believed to be the most likely hosts. Abu Dhabi, Silverstone and Paul Ricard were also considered, though were not favoured because of various concerns over logistics and weather.

If the grand prix is cancelled, a replacement race is very unlikely - but teams are investigating adding another pre-season test in its place.

As most already have detailed running and development plans, losing the Bahrain race would knock their schedules out and an extra test would ensure they have the track time required to develop their cars.

However, there are concerns among the smaller teams about the costs a fifth test would incur.

There is also a chance the test could be cancelled but the race itself still go ahead, should the situation in Bahrain calm. However, this scenario is regarded as the least likely.

Pressure is on the teams to make a final decision on the Bahrain test as soon as possible, although it is unlikely that a definitive resolution will be put in place until Bernie Ecclestone and the FIA have reached their conclusion on whether the race should go ahead.

The British Foreign Office has now officially advised against all non-essential travel to Bahrain.
autosport.com - F1 News: Extra test planned if Bahrain is cancelled

Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Captain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond repute
just got back from a trip to oman...alot of work, then outdoor activities so not much of tv...i heard alot of mixed thoughts. the bahrainis that commented earlier got it quit right, its concentrated in one area, bizness i assume will be normal but much slower than usual. i think the tension kinda came down once the military left the roundabout...and yes i assume the media is blowing it outta proportion

Quick Reply: Bahrain Grand Prix Cancellation Threat Remains