Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Domenicali Scoffs At Marko's "Poaching" Accusation

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Domenicali Scoffs At Marko's "Poaching" Accusation

THE FACTS

Is Ferrari trying to steal Red Bull's "spirit"? That was the claim by the team's race advisor Helmut Marko after Ferrari rustled away key Red Bull strategist Neil Martin. But Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali jeered at the accusation during a press conference on Wednesday. Speaking to the Italian press, Domenicali scoffed, "Stealing their spirit? The only spirit I know is Ferrari's because I've spent my entire career here, and our spirit is fantastic."

More importantly, Domenicali confronted - head on - accusations that Ferrari is at the top of F1's big spenders list. "Red Bull and McLaren spend more money (than Ferrari) on the construction of the chassis," said Domenicali, pointing out that while the other top teams use customer engines, Ferrari constructs its own.

Furthermore, Domenicali tipped the debut of adjustable rear wings as leveling the playing field during qualifying and potentially making battles between top drivers somewhat predictable. While he hoped that he was wrong, he made no secret that he is dubious of the innovation.

Backing Felipe Massa for a big comeback in 2011, Domenicali noted that Massa was enjoying the new Pirelli tires and that they should make a big difference for the Brazilian in 2011.

MY TAKE

Can you break a team's spirit by luring away their key people? Absolutely! And Ferrari knows it. Ferrari's penchant for stealing talent is every bit as scandalous as McLaren stealing engineering secrets. Why is it that anyone who sniffs the World Championship suddenly becomes best friends with Ferrari? It can't all be coincidence. But - in the end - that is the cut-throat nature of F1. I just don't think that the boys from Maranello would be so understanding if the shoe were on the other foot.

Just my take.

SOURCES

News > Ferrari not poaching Red Bull's 'spirit' - Domenicali - Motorsport.com

Last edited by Barrister; 01-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Where are all of the Tifosi??

I took a pot shot at the Scuderia!!

Thought I might get a rise.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still waiting for Ferrari to hire back Ross Brawn.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Where are all of the Tifosi??

I took a pot shot at the Scuderia!!

Thought I might get a rise.
I'll field this.

They simply offered him more money.

Plus EVERYONE dreams of working/driving for Ferrari.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm still waiting for Ferrari to hire back Ross Brawn.
Only if Schumacher decides to climb into an a Rosso ride will Brawn think twice about coming back to Ferrari.