Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Button:'Some may question if Alonso deserves title'

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Webber got good when the Red Bull car got good:

World Championship Standings by Year:

2002: Weber finished 16th
2003 : 10th
2004: 13th
2005: 10th
2006: 14th
2007: 12th
2008: 11th
2009: 4th

Old 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
i hear yah bud, but hes only been in a competitive seat last year and now. Formula 1 while Button had a pole position winning car with BAR and did nothing with it.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Some may question whether you deserve the title last year, Button.

Go back to been a mediocre driver and shut the hell up.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I have nothing against Webber, he's likeable enough and seems to race tough, but fair. I'm just trying to point out that a competitive car makes a world of difference.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
I have nothing against Webber, he's likeable enough and seems to race tough, but fair. I'm just trying to point out that a competitive car makes a world of difference.
Is Webber a Schumacher whose been waiting in the wings for a great car for the last 10 years? No, far from it and a lot of it is haivng a competitive ride this year.

But I guess what irks me about it is the arrogant tone of Button's comment. Button comes across as a bit of a baby for not being competitive enough to stay in the running for WDC. Being on a good team does not always equal positive results. Besides - Button's clearly #2 at McLaren where he belongs - if Hamilton was in the same position as Alonso at Hockenheim I'm sure McLaren would have tried it.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
In terms of outright speed this season, Vettel should win the WDC. He's started from pole position in the vast majority of the races this year. Nobody can touch him except himself..... that's kinda dirty!

He just doesn't have the maturity to know anything other than going balls out for the entire race. He still needs to learn how to protect his points and his car, not just the lead.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alzilla
In terms of outright speed this season, Vettel should win the WDC. He's started from pole position in the vast majority of the races this year. Nobody can touch him except himself..... that's kinda dirty!

He just doesn't have the maturity to know anything other than going balls out for the entire race. He still needs to learn how to protect his points and his car, not just the lead.
I think Vettel's learning. Did you see his and Webber's tires in parc ferme after the race? It's incredible that they kept it together given the condition of the tires.