Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Team O'Neil Rally School

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Team O'Neil Rally School

I've been thinking about attending this rally school Dalton, NH (Team O'Neil Rally School & Car Control Center) some time in the next couple months and was just wondering if anyone else has done the school? I'm looking into the three, four, and five day programs and would be making a stop through NYC on the way up or back.

While it isn't exactly cheap, the five day program is the one I'm most interested as it is aimed at drivers who want to begin rallying. I've really been wanting to get into rally and possibly build a car to play with at my and other people's ranches. It would definitely be best to have some training before. Here are some exerts from an email I received describing the different packages:

3 & 4 DAY SCHOOL
Our 3 and 4 day schools offers a more intense results oriented presentation of the skills taught in our 2 day school. Covering 50% more road time, it gives the driver an immediate and greater opportunity to practice those skills, master his/her application, and take full advantage of the benefits. As you start day 4, you will be getting even more personalized training as the 2 and 3 day students have completed their training, leaving just the 4 and 5 day students.

5 DAY SCHOOL
The newest addition to our rally school schedule is our 5 Day Rally School program. This program will offer more individualized training and is targeted at those who want to begin rallying. Day 5 will offer actual rally stages on our miles of on site stage rally roads. You will be on roads you never got to see during a day 4 class! Students will work with instructors driving and co-driving, learning to apply the techniques learned in the first 4 days. Due to the more individualized training, space on day 5 is limited. Please call for further details.

I think this is the perfect time in my life to do one of these schools as I still have a week off every month. Also it is a pretty good excuse to get myself up to the East Coast and visit the girl I met last weekend.

Any experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by "The JC"; 10-13-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a lot of fun! I don't have any experience with any rally schools but you might want to shoot a PM to Atomic80 who I believe went to a similar rally school (Dirt Fish) in Washington.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I vaguely remember DJ saying he did one of these schools as well

Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I vaguely remember DJ saying he did one of these schools as well
Come to think of it, it might've been the same school you're looking at. That was when the original TS hats made an appearance in RS colors.