Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

McLaren duo baulk at Hill's 'tortoise and hare' analogy

Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
McLaren duo baulk at Hill's 'tortoise and hare' analogy

McLaren's British drivers on Tuesday responded to a claim their battle for team supremacy can be likened to an Aesop's Fable.

Recently, Lewis Hamilton's use of the Fable "sour grapes" was misinterpreted by the Spanish press as his accusation that Fernando Alonso is jealous of the 2008 world champion.

And on Monday, 1996 world champion Damon Hill used another of Aesop's Fables to describe Hamilton and his teammate Jenson Button -- 'The Tortoise and the Hare'.

Although Button takes the role of the tortoise in Hill's eyes, it was interpreted as a compliment. "He (Button) is not at his maximum the whole time," Hill said.

"Will Lewis mature and be circumspect when he needs to be? I don't know if that's his style."

Hamilton told reporters on Tuesday: "I don't really have a reaction.

"It's always very, very interesting to hear past world champions talk about present drivers and world champions, and then it's interesting to see how it plays out and see whether it's true or false or whether they actually know what they are talking about or not.

"We will find out later on in the year I guess," said the 2007 world champion.

Button distanced himself from the suggestion he can be likened to a tortoise.

"Those are his words not mine. But if I win the championship then I don't care. I know I won the championship last year because I was quick," he said.

Source: GMM

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Button distanced himself from the suggestion he can be likened to a tortoise.

"Those are his words not mine. But if I win the championship then I don't care. I know I won the championship last year because I was quick," he said.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The better Button does this year, the less I think it was a fluke. He's been winning his fair share of races this season and he's currently 2nd in the points. Although his Honda days weren't anything to write home about, he's come into his own and I think he's more comfortable and focused on racing these days than ever before.

EDIT: Wow, never thought I'd actually stand up for Button!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
last year the car won the championship, if he does it this year I'd say HE won it

Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
last year the car won the championship, if he does it this year I'd say HE won it
Well, he's in the best car again....

Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
hes in a red bull?!