Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Chandhok 'in for rest of the year'

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Chandhok 'in for rest of the year'

From PlanetF1:

Hispania driver Karun Chandhok has rubbished speculation that his seat is under threat due to a lack of funding.

Recent media reports in the Indian driver's home country suggested that the 26-year-old could be dropped by the team because of problems with his sponsorship.

Team boss Colin Kolles was reportedly in the process of lining up a replacement, with names such as Christijan Albers and Pastor Maldonado in the frame.

But Chandhok insists that the rumours are baseless and says he is concentrating on the upcoming European Grand Prix in Valencia.

"There is so much speculation and I don't know if it is being started by other drivers who are trying to get in or whatever," he told Reuters.

"Three weeks ago team mate Bruno (Senna) was the one. All over the internet it was: 'Bruno's out and so and so is coming in with money' and this week it seems to be my turn.

"As far as I know I am in Valencia, I am in the car and I am in for the rest of the season."

Although he has reaffirmed his commitment to his current team, Chandhok makes no secret of his desire to one day drive for Vijay Mallya at Force India.

He added: "It's a logical link people would make for me and Force India. I think now I've proved to be a respectable Formula One driver and they are obviously now a very respectable midfield Formula One team.

"From a commercial point of view it makes sense for them to have (an Indian driver).

"It's tough to raise sponsorship in the market but it's even tougher if you've got an Indian driver and an Indian team in two different camps."