Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2010 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B4rad
I joined the facebook page, but to be honest I am not that thrilled about everyone ditching this thread for it. Just a quick question. Why can Dana post on facebook but not on TS?
Dana wanted to make his own thing. He is pursuing a lot of his own things.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
^ Please don't tell me that within a few weeks, the Banter Threads on TS will be a part of history

Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B4rad
^ Please don't tell me that within a few weeks, the Banter Threads on TS will be a part of history
Very doubtful, and I think your comment that people are "ditching" TS banter for FB is misplaced.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Why aren't you guys watching UFC right now?? I can't wait for the race tomorrow (I'm finally home to watch one!), but the Rashad-Rampage fight will be epic!!

Old 05-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
All I know is the basketball is still on, then it's a full day of football (AFL), then onto the race tonight! I'll be here for most of it I hope.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Guys,

I am making this one post because I want to clear the record.

I am not asking anyone to ditch these banter threads or join my Downforce F1 facebook group to the exclusion of TS. That was never my intention on starting my F1 group page. How could it be? If any of you think that, then you simply do not know me very well.

The Downforce F1 group page that I started on Facebook is nothing compared to the effort and time I put into building up the Pit-Stop. I created Downforce F1 to cure my fix for F1 chat while not letting it take over my life. It is not a TS replacement. It is just a way for me to stay up on F1 news and discussion with my friends without the stress and pressure of constant updates and moderation on a major forum. Please do not make more of it than it really is.

During the more than two years that I hosted these banter threads on TS, I have been asked hundreds of times why we don't have a chat room to discuss the races live. Many suggestged defecting from TS just for that purpose. As we all know, the forum is simply not the best way to have an interactive discussion of a live sporting event. You simply can't keep up. Unfortunately, there has never been a solution to that problem made available on TS. I had no control over that. The chat room that I started on Downforce F1 is what many of you asked for and is a much more enjoyable experience. So, it isn't really about loyalty to TS. It is about getting the F1 experience that you want. You are not betraying anyone by joining my group page and popping into the chat room for a few moments here and there. There is absolutely no reason why you cannot do both TS and Downforce F1.

Simply put: I am not trying to kill the Pit-Stop or divert members away from posting on TS. The Pit-Stop was my key project while I was on TS and I am very proud of it. But it was necessary for me to move on to something not quite as time consuming or restrictive. I have done that and am happy with the outcome.

Many of you are very close friends and we definitely had a bond here in the Pit-Top. I miss it too. And I realize that me not being around much any more is a change. But it does not mean that the Pit-Stop has to die. This forum was never about me. It is about racing and sharing your passion with others who are like-minded. F1 has not changed because I am not here. It is still the most exciting and glamourous sport in the world. The Pit-Stop should carry on proudly without me. I am simply not that important. It is in your hands now. Just don't let the Tifosi take it over.

As always, I hope to see you when the lights go out.

Dana Larkin

Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Dana

Old 05-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm excited to see how Hamilton and Button do against Red Bull

Old 05-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Vettel and Hami do well.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
If I wasn't so anti-FB I'd be on both. But I am, so I'll stick to here exclusively.

Appreciate the post Dana.

COME ON WEBBER!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2010 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)