Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Malaysian Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zymi
Anyone considering Schumi for Malaysia if it's gonna rain?

PS. How about closing the other threads? It's getting a bit messy ;o)
Not a bad idea. Closed the Australia banter threads.

I am going to leave my recap open until tomorrow though. Just because I can.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-31-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
i gotta ask about one of the weekends sub-plots, who thinks Schumi will be more competitive this weekend? Its like everyone including Lauda has said he would be up to speed by this round.
I'm not sure Michael will be ready, I'm giving him until Monaco to impress. Nevertheless I wouldn't be surprised if he does well this weekend.

He did claim to have his hot qualifying laps impeded by Alonso and Hamilton and two separate occasions so maybe he is already fast enough?

Either way, I'm tipping Alonso, he's proved himself with 2 wins and 2 podiums at this circuit. Plenty of overtaking opportunities at this circuit too, so any qualifying mishaps can be overcome.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
He is superb in the rain...or at least he used to be, but I still have doubts...... Well, it's not decision day today anyway ;o)

Old 03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
i gotta ask about one of the weekends sub-plots, who thinks Schumi will be more competitive this weekend? Its like everyone including Lauda has said he would be up to speed by this round.
WTF does Lauda know? I met him while at Mosler - nice guy, but how long has it been since he's been relevant in F1?

Old 03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
I'm not sure Michael will be ready, I'm giving him until Monaco to impress. Nevertheless I wouldn't be surprised if he does well this weekend.

He did claim to have his hot qualifying laps impeded by Alonso and Hamilton and two separate occasions so maybe he is already fast enough?
That's an interesting point - would he really have walked over to Alonso and complained about being held up if he didn't really think he was being held up?

Still, for all the hype surrounding his return, you'd think he'd have passed a few more guys by now.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Call me crazy, but I predict Lewis takes #1 in Malaysia. I have this vision of Lewis and and Fern battling for the win, and Nico or Micheal taking 3rd. Is it just me, or does Felipe not perform well in the rain?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtechnik
Call me crazy, but I predict Lewis takes #1 in Malaysia. I have this vision of Lewis and and Fern battling for the win, and Nico or Micheal taking 3rd. Is it just me, or does Felipe not perform well in the rain?
I'm praying for Vettel to win it, actually.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
This sucks. I am going away today with no internet until monday. So I will miss practice, qualifying and the race AND I have to make my Fantasy team today, with no clue who will perform well! Any tips? Who is good in the wet?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm praying for Vettel to win it, actually.
He might have a shot in a rain shortened race

Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe

Either way, I'm tipping Alonso, he's proved himself with 2 wins and 2 podiums at this circuit. Plenty of overtaking opportunities at this circuit too, so any qualifying mishaps can be overcome.
Good points bud, Schumi's been getting closer to Rosberg in the last two rounds so lets see. And yes, I think Alonso's also a usual suspect to perform well...especially where he's won before.

Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
WTF does Lauda know? I met him while at Mosler - nice guy, but how long has it been since he's been relevant in F1?
I hear yah with times being so different but I read a interview with him before Bahrain and he's been damn near 100% on all his predictions thru Australia so I gotta give an old champ an open ear and he def has better knowledge of the sport than me!

Quick Reply: The Malaysian Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)