Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

"Ferrari should have used team orders in Aus"-Brundle

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
You are short changing Massa my friend I believe that after the 7th or 8th round the team should back one driver based on merit. But right now Felipe has the strongest start in his career in terms of points and the pecking order in the WCC (he's 2nd btw)
My brain says that Freddie is the strongest of the two but my heart wants Massa to prove me wrong. Felipe is my favorite driver (as a person)

Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
you have me misunderstood, the call for Massa to move over for Alonso is based on team points and the fact that Massa almost lost the car multiple times trying to stay in front so I feel it was dangerous for the driver and I believe in Prost' ideal of bringing the car home. But he was able to stay in front so no biggie i guess.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Massa was definitely struggling with that car. I hate team orders but I also think that if Alonso had found a way to pass Massa he would have.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso probably needed to prove to Massa and the team that he was a team player and this early in the season I think he did the right thing. He was already in front of both Red Bulls so why take the risk. Love it or hate it, F1 drivers have to be quite strategic now.

He has learnt his lesson from McLaren.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
very true, but i kinda wanted more points in fantasy so i was hoping the team was going to get him in front Dana's changed the way I watch races this year!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
He has learnt his lesson from McLaren.
I'd like to belive that he has and maybe you're right. Long season ahead

Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
news excerpt on the subject:
Also in the wake of the Australian GP, many of Alonso's Spanish supporters were scathing of Ferrari's decision not to move aside Felipe Massa so that the championship leader could challenge Robert Kubica for second place.

Stefano Domenicali has confirmed that team orders are no longer in the team's armoury, and Alonso told Spain's El Pais newspaper that he did not want to upset his boss.

"If it was another driver I would have tried, but it's difficult to fight with your teammate," he said. "I thought of the boss and did nothing strange."

Old 03-31-2010, 06:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Guys its a miracle Massa is even racing let alone second in the WDC. Did everybody forget last season you almost never comeback from an accident like that (mentally)

Having said that Fernando is obviously quicker

Old 03-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I call BS on Brundle. When Schumacher used team orders at Ferrari in the past, Brundle was one of the most vocal critics of it.

Hypocrite.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Brundle just wants to say something to be in the news, I wouldn't worry about what he has to say or complain about. that being said, I hate team orders, especially this early in the season.