Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton's MB Impounded by Aussie Police

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GregV
that really upsets me, if there is anyone that can drive like that and it's not dangerous it's a F1 driver and they impound his car???!!! the cops probrably realized who he was and wanted a high profile arrest...... I wasn't allowed to go to senior prom for doing a burnout in front of my highschool years ago, we all pay the price for being car guys
Back in highschool there was a cop on campus one day and my buddy was driving through campus (we had a very large campus with winding roads and such) and stopped and did a quick burnout. The cop turned his lights on and pulled us over (still on campus) and asked what we were doing. He came over to my window first (i was the only passenger) and started asking me questions like I had anything to do with what my friend (the driver) was doing behind the wheel. Burnouts are pretty harmless unless the driver is retarded.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Yeah, but Hamilton should know better. Sure, nobody was going to get hurt if he was fooling around a bit, but he knows better than anyone that if you want to have fun sliding around in a car, you should bring it to the track.
Hamilton probably forgot his mb has a clutch and he cant just push a button to change gears (I'm thinking about that top gear episode where Clarkson and Hammond are driving through reno with a z06 and challenger (i think? I know they were modern muscle cars). They do a couple of quick burnouts and rev the engines and when a cop pulls them over, Clarkson tries to explain that it was an accident and his clutch just got stuck )

Last edited by STLG; 03-26-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Back in highschool there was a cop on campus one day and my buddy was driving through campus (we had a very large campus with winding roads and such) and stopped and did a quick burnout. The cop turned his lights on and pulled us over (still on campus) and asked what we were doing. He came over to my window first (i was the only passenger) and started asking me questions like I had anything to do with what my friend (the driver) was doing behind the wheel. Burnouts are pretty harmless unless the driver is retarded.

Hamilton probably forgot his mb has a clutch and he cant just push a button to change gears (I'm thinking about that top gear episode where Clarkson and Hammond are driving through reno with a z06 and challenger (i think? I know they were modern muscle cars). They do a couple of quick burnouts and rev the engines and when a cop pulls them over, Clarkson tries to explain that it was an accident and his clutch just got stuck )
^^ They actually Rev their engines and makes some car alarms go off. And when they're about to roll away Clarkson does a burnout and get caught....but close .

Old 03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
^^ They actually Rev their engines and makes some car alarms go off. And when they're about to roll away Clarkson does a burnout and get caught....but close .

^yea, thats what I had going through my head, I just couldn't get it down to my keyboard

Was it a Z06(Clarkson) and Hammond in a Challenger? Or was it a ZR1?

Old 03-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
^yea, thats what I had going through my head, I just couldn't get it down to my keyboard

Was it a Z06(Clarkson) and Hammond in a Challenger? Or was it a ZR1?
ZR1. Jezza tells the coppers his clutch "slipped".

Old 03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Yeah, but Hamilton should know better. Sure, nobody was going to get hurt if he was fooling around a bit, but he knows better than anyone that if you want to have fun sliding around in a car, you should bring it to the track.
alzilla, of course your right ideally we should all take the cars to the track when we feel like doing something wild, but the truth is we have all gotten a little too enthusiastic on public streets from time to time..... hamilton though should be able to wait a couple of days until he gets on the track in an f1 car, especially knowing he has a career where he shoukld want to make sure his lisence is in good shape, theres 2 sides to argue any story

Old 03-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
australia was once a land of criminals and they're just trying to get back to their roots... definitely a place i'll never live.

- chuck

Old 03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GregV
that really upsets me, if there is anyone that can drive like that and it's not dangerous it's a F1 driver and they impound his car???!!!
If he does stupid things on the roads he should be treated no different than others imo.......very simple.......go to the tracks and do that kind of stuff as there are innocent people in the streets.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zymi
If he does stupid things on the roads he should be treated no different than others imo.......very simple.......go to the tracks and do that kind of stuff as there are innocent people in the streets.
i agree, the law is the law, and peoples safety is important but would u rather lewis hamilton doing a burnout or a 17 year old with a freshly printed permit?????

Old 03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't make me want to drive in Australia. I've done some pretty stupid things, and gotten away with a minor ticket. I once got caught doing perfect little 360's on an empty street. However, it was in the middle of the day and at a 4 way stop.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
@GregV

Me too......but if he killed my girlfriend doing it.....it doesn't matter who drove the car ;o)

Quick Reply: Hamilton's MB Impounded by Aussie Police