Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Controversy awaits with Merc's 'super diffuser'

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Controversy awaits with Merc's 'super diffuser'

Will Brawn do it again????

Controversy awaits with Merc's 'super diffuser' - Planet-F1 News from planet-f1.com

The diffuser war of 2009 could rear its head this season as Formula One awaits the rumoured introduction of Mercedes GP's new super diffuser.

Throughout the final week of pre-season testing, speculation was rife in the Barcelona paddock that Mercedes GP, headed up by Ross Brawn, would unveil a new diffuser design at the season-opening race in Bahrain, which could give them a healthy advantage over their rivals.

And although the team has confirmed that major upgrades are on the agenda, they have refused to confirm rumours of the diffuser.

"We have a new package for Bahrain and I hope that's going to make the difference," said Brawn while Nico Rosberg revealed that "the car will make a big step forward in Bahrain. It'll be almost like a new car, so everything might be completely different once we are there."

The team's refusal to acknowledge the diffuser - or test it at Barcelona - has some questioning whether the rumours have any substance to them.

"I do not know what Brawn (Mercedes GP) will have in Bahrain, but we'll see if it really is something new," Ferrari's Fernando Alonso told El Pais newspaper.

"For me, it is just a rumour, like many others. Like for the past year it has been said that Renault is going to leave Formula One."

But, if it's not just buzz and Mercedes GP do seize the advantage, there could be a repeat of last year's diffuser war as team's squabble about the grey areas in the Formula One regulations.

In fact, even Brawn admits there could be technical wars between the teams going into the new season.

"In the last months we have asked many things of (FIA race director) Charlie Whiting to know if they are permitted or not. Some equipment has been taken to the edge of the regulations and could have problems," admitted Brawn.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I could use the facepalm for this...

But if Brawn sees a gray area in the rules and exploits it, then kudos to them and shame on the other teams who don't.

The way I see it is that Brawn should do it, if they have it, since the chance is highly unlikely that Charlie will strip them of the points if/when he decides to ban the diffuser.

Here we go again.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
It wouldnt be F1 without the schoolgirl drama

Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadow
1+... that is the truth.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
If they're going to keep this up every year I think they could just stop racing cars and start a "rock-paper-scissor"contest and that way name the the best driver in Formula One.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Good 'ol F1 drama! At least this time it relates to a team other than USF1...

I don't care if they have this secret diffuser ready to go or not. I just want them to have a very competitive car this year so we can see some good battles between Lewis and Michael.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
deja vu anyone? You guys remember when brawn worked at ferrari and other teams would study the design of his cars before races(Think '02 season when they first used the new car 3/4 races into the season)? EPIC!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
I could use the facepalm for this...

But if Brawn sees a gray area in the rules and exploits it, then kudos to them and shame on the other teams who don't.

The way I see it is that Brawn should do it, if they have it, since the chance is highly unlikely that Charlie will strip them of the points if/when he decides to ban the diffuser.

Here we go again.
When are we going to have a Jamaican driver??

Old 03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Well, being that I am the most popular Jamaican on TS...

Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadow
It wouldn't be racing, every form of racing has some sort of schoolgirl drama. Some better than others.

Quick Reply: Controversy awaits with Merc's 'super diffuser'