Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Bought My Tickets For Canadian GP! WOO HOO!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I'm usually a fan of 24, you have the cars in full acceleration under your nose, and there's always some action braking for the hairpin.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
My buddies and I will be in Gold 1. I can't wait...it'll be my first F1 race.

Anyone have recommendations (especially restaurants) for things to do in the city afterwards??

Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Mind if i ask how much you payed for those tickets? I'd love to go but I'm thinking I don't have the funds right now.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Mind if i ask how much you payed for those tickets? I'd love to go but I'm thinking I don't have the funds right now.
F1 charges $425. The broker I used charged $450.

That gets you in Friday - Sunday.

Very pricey indeed.

The Gold section that Travis_D will be in starts about $100 more and the sky is the limit.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister

Very pricey indeed.

The Gold section that Travis_D will be in starts about $100 more and the sky is the limit.

Gah. Maybe next year I suppose.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Gah. Maybe next year I suppose.

Thanks
I believe that a general admission ticket - that means no assigned seating and in the upper grandstands - is $125.

At this rate, F1 is pricing itself out of existence.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Barrister

Very pricey indeed.

$530ish I think?

How does the seating work? I see that it was said they assign seating 3-4 weeks in advance so how do I select my seats? Will I be limited to a certain area within the section?

Sorry, like I said this is my first time to an F1 race.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
↑ If you bought your tickets through a broker then you purchased into an allocation that the broker has been promised by F1.

For example, a broker may have purchased 30 seats in Gold 1. The broker may or may not even know where those seats will be in Gold 1.

The only guarantee is that they will be in Gold 1.

Once the broker gets the tickets from F1, and they know the actual seat numbers and locations, they will assign the seats to the buyers.

They could use any system they want - first-come-first-served, raffle, influence, etc.

I would stay in close contact with the broker and let them know clearly where you want to be - e.g., up high or down low.

Remember, if you want to take clean pictures, you need to be up a bit higher.

If you want to go deaf, sit lower.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Super stoked to go again, can't wait! Better brush up on our French, ey.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Over_Under
Super stoked to go again, can't wait! Better brush up on our French, ey.
Yes! Erich is going with Paul and I.

Quick Reply: Bought My Tickets For Canadian GP! WOO HOO!