Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari Critical Of FIA's New Team "Holy War"

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari Critical Of FIA's New Team "Holy War"

I knew this would happen . . .

I knew that Ferrari would take the first chance it had to slam USF1.

Not that they don't deserve some criticism. But this is just silly.

Who cares if USF1 doesn't field a team this year. Hey, it's one less driver that Massa will have to crash into for Alonso to get wins.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking completely unbiased, outside of the name calling I think Ferrari is justified to be upset. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports and things like struggling teams should not be present at this level of sport.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
I think they have a valid argument regarding Toyota and BMW, but that's certainly not an excuse to turn around and blame the new teams.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that's a pretty harshly written column to be put out by Ferrari but I can see their argument. Max Mosley really did handle F1 poorly over the past couple of years in particular. Of course, Bernie did his fair share to ruin the sport as well. But in the end, I think the people will show up to watch the racing, regardless of who's on the grid (assuming Ferrari and McLaren are still there, anyway).

It really is a shame that Toyota and BMW pulled out at the end of last year. And a shame that Honda pulled out the season before them, although Brawn did a fantastic job of showing what could be done as a new, renegade team built from Honda's scraps. I don't think Toyota would've been able to make it to the beginning of the season this year anyway, with all the recalls and scandals surrounding their production cars... BMW on the other hand never should've left.

As Gobbles said, the current situation does indeed suck, but you can't blame the new teams. Admittedly, they failed in getting thier shit together but I think diversifying the field like this will protect the sport in case other teams try to back out in the future. I don't think you could run F1 with less than 20 cars on the grid, and I'd personally love to see 30-32 cars eventually. Now that Jean Todt is running the FIA, things will hopefully start to change for the better.

Last edited by Alzilla; 02-23-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
Speaking completely unbiased, outside of the name calling I think Ferrari is justified to be upset. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports and things like struggling teams should not be present at this level of sport.
I seem to remember a team last year who - when they realized that their parent company's sales were down by nearly 30% and that they had no real chance at a WCD/WCC - actually floated their dear F1 team and looked for the highest bidder.

No! Not Ferrari . . .

Last edited by Barrister; 02-23-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I seem to remember a team last year who - when they realized that their parent company's sales were down by nearly 30% and that they had no real chance at a WCD/WCC - actually floated their dear F1 team and looked for the highest bidder.

No! Not Ferrari . . .

I said my comment was unbiased you bully!
But you guys have to look at it like this, if you're hired by major company and you don't show up prepared for the first day you don't think you're deserving of harsh criticism from other employees or the boss? I'm sure the FIA would've turned these teams away if they knew they were being overly optimistic about being ready for the season just like an employer would turn you away if they knew your were over embellishing your skills to get the job. In the real world you better walk the walk after you talk it.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
I said my comment was unbiased you bully!
But you guys have to look at it like this, if you're hired by major company and you don't show up prepared for the first day you don't think you're deserving of harsh criticism from other employees or the boss? I'm sure the FIA would've turned these teams away if they knew they were being overly optimistic about being ready for the season just like an employer would turn you away if they knew your were over embellishing your skills to get the job. In the real world you better walk the walk after you talk it.
Exactly. Don't step up to bat if you don't think you can hit a home run.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
harsh, yes, true, also yes. this is F1 not a national championship, there is no room for teams that can't even put a car out or sign up drivers on board. I just wish they pulled out earlier on and gave the change to the Serbian outfit to join this season.

it would have been hilarious had Toyota still been in and had brake problems through out the season, they would have made F1's first ever recall, lol.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by edbhr
I just wish they pulled out earlier on and gave the change to the Serbian outfit to join this season.
Serbian outfit?? Come on man.

Stefan GP had absolutely NO chance of making it in F1 this year.

They basically bought a 2001 motor and a 2007 chassis from Toyota off of eBay and tried to fire it up and get on the grid.

Read about it here: autosport.com - F1 News: Stefan GP cancels Portimao test.

USF1 did nothing to stop Stefan GP from making the grid.

Me and Al had a better chance of fielding a team than they did.

This monday-morning quarterbacking by Ferrari makes me angry and doesn't help a thing.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Dana, Stefan GP supposedly have a running car, cash, solid potential sponsors and they are still hiring people. Would they have scored any points in F1? I doubt it, but they would have ran at least and that counts for something. YouTube are allegedly talking to them for a sponsor deal and that counts for a lot of cash, and they sure do look more serious than USF1.

It would have been nice to see a US based team on the grid, but I just can't see USF1 as that team.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Critical Of FIA's New Team "Holy War"