Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 News: Schumi Sure W01 Will Compete For Championship

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
F1 News: Schumi Sure W01 Will Compete For Championship

I like Schumi's confidence. But it wasn't backed up in testing so far.

In The League, Schumi is just too overvalued for my liking - too much downside there.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81530

Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like they just re-arranged this QA from the F1 site:

Exclusive Schumacher Q&A: This was a chance I couldn’t resist

Never say never again! The phrase may have been coined for James Bond, but the same also goes for a Formula One driver, especially when that driver is seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher. Not just the most controversial man in F1 history, Schumacher, at 41 years-old, is also the oldest driver on the 2010 grid, with a full three years’ absence from the sport to make up for. However, if his recent test times in the Mercedes count for anything, he’s still the same as he always was - and far from rusty…

Q: Are you aware that you are a love-hate figure?
Michael Schumacher: I simply think that if you are around as long as I have been there will always be people who follow you more and some who follow you less. But to be able to be around for so long, I sometimes had to close myself up a bit. It may be the same again this time.

Q: Lately you have given the impression of caring a little bit more about what people think of you?
MS: Well, let's see how the season develops. It was a very sudden decision, so we all have to get used to see me driving again - myself included…

Q: You said you felt like a kid with a new toy when you drove at Valencia last week. Are you still as keen on your new toy?
MS: Definitely, yes. To drive a car like this again, it was just that great old feeling I know so well. Nothing comes close. I love that sensation, I always did. It was just that my batteries were empty at the end of 2006 that I retired. I would not have wanted to go on. Now my batteries are fully loaded again!

Q: To race for an afternoon is one thing, but adjusting to normal test duties beyond the 100 laps marker is quite another. Did that still feel okay?
MS: It felt just great. No problem at all, just pure fun.

Q: Your doctor, Johannes Peil, was at the track at Valencia, but was not in Jerez. Are you both now sure you’re fully prepared?
MS: He was in Valencia to do some checks, as he has been with me very often in the past. We wanted to make sure I am best prepared, and obviously I am, as we both didn’t see the necessity to have him join me in Jerez.

Q: How is your relationship with team mate Nico Rosberg developing? Ross Brawn hopes that you will help him to mature; Nico hopes you’ll share with him the secret of winning. What will it be?
MS: How could I know? Unfortunately I cannot look into the future. But I do not expect anything else but for it to be fine. At the moment it is very constructive and I don’t expect that to change. For once it is quite a good feeling to be able to communicate in my mother tongue, and at the moment we are ‘neighbours’ as our motor homes are right beside each other here in the paddock.

Q: Up until now you have planned your career and image very carefully, but this new phase seems more adventurous. Do you have an idea of what this season will be like?
MS: Again, unfortunately I am not somebody to predict the future. I believe in this team, and this belief in the challenge is enough for me. I love the competition, and I look forward to taking the chance.

Q: You could always measure the quality of your cars. What are you feeling about the MGP W01?
MS: I am fully convinced that we have a car that is able to fight for the championship. Where we are exactly is hard to say. This is especially true for me as I don’t have the data from last year’s car.

Q: There is barely a month to go until the season opener in Bahrain. What is your schedule until then?
MS: We will focus on the elimination of any teething problems, try to optimize the car, start to work on the fine tuning and get reliability by doing mileage. Then let’s see what Bahrain brings.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
I say he crashes out of the first 3 races due to other drivers gunning for him.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
I say he crashes out of the first 3 races due to other drivers gunning for him.
Oh, their's an enforcer on every team with "Schumi" take-out orders in every race.

No doubt.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent! I agree with Dana that he's over-valued in the fantasy league at the moment but only time will tell if he's still got it.

As for team orders to take him out, that wouldn't surprise me. Then again, Schumi can handle himself better than most rookies and I'm sure he'll have no problems with a little dirty racing if that's what it takes to stay competitive. He knows as well as anyone that racing in Formula 1 isn't exactl a walk in the park...

Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
It all depends on the car.

If he has the car, he will do just fine.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Oh, their's an enforcer on every team with "Schumi" take-out orders in every race.

No doubt.
Of course, they'll have to try as he's lapping the field...

Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Of course, they'll have to try as he's lapping the field...
One thing is for sure: He will give as well as he gets - maybe more.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
They'll have to catch him, first.

Before he retired from Ferrari, he really didn't have anything left to prove. Now he does, and with an underdog of a car to boot. This will be... interesting.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt.
I have seen some documents.

Lewis is supposed to be the fall guy with Schumi.

Quick Reply: F1 News: Schumi Sure W01 Will Compete For Championship