Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The 2010 TS Formula 1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Lol - I can't wait until about half way through so I can get the hang of this, I hate doing something for the first time that I don't know! I keep going back and forth over and over on my 5 driver, I think I have changed it about 4 times everyday since I signed up to THE LEAGUE, lol. I have guys that I think I rate equal talent wise, but I don't know how I should differentiate, base it on team, engine, testing results??

Anyways, to get in the mood I have (I think it is a picture you took) of the auto union on my Apple cineman display, that picture is friggin' gorgeous.!

Old 02-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
So obviously with that strategy you go with the big guns!
That extra $5 mil may afford you 1 of the top 6 guys but no more.

If it were me, I would use it to build a 7 man team because it would give me a buffer if one of my guys sucks too bad or gets hurt/fired.

Also, teams do give up if they don't do well in the first half of the season.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Did you guys know that last year The League ended up as the 8th best league overall in Fantasy Racers.

This was out of over 1,000 private leagues.

Awesome.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Did you guys know that last year The League ended up as the 8th best league overall in Fantasy Racers.

This was out of over 1,000 private leagues.

Awesome.
That is impressive since the lionshare of members stopped updating their lineups since you were incapacitated after the accident hopefully this season will be incident free on the ts front and we will spearhead the fantasy standings

Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by like.no.other
That is impressive since the lionshare of members stopped updating their lineups since you were incapacitated after the accident hopefully this season will be incident free on the ts front and we will spearhead the fantasy standings
Maybe THAT was the secret!?

Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Lol - I can't wait until about half way through so I can get the hang of this, I hate doing something for the first time that I don't know! I keep going back and forth over and over on my 5 driver, I think I have changed it about 4 times everyday since I signed up to THE LEAGUE, lol. I have guys that I think I rate equal talent wise, but I don't know how I should differentiate, base it on team, engine, testing results??

Anyways, to get in the mood I have (I think it is a picture you took) of the auto union on my Apple cineman display, that picture is friggin' gorgeous.!
That ought to work as a good luck charm for you...

Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't pick my drivers to play the game as much as to show loyalty to my pre-season picks. Hence, Schumi, Vettel, Button... and my wildcard KOB!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I didn't pick my drivers to play the game as much as to show loyalty to my pre-season picks. Hence, Schumi, Vettel, Button... and my wildcard KOB!!!!
You chose Button over Hamilton? ummhh Barrister I'm shocked you haven't beaten him to a pulp yet

Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
↑ Read my first post.

I wouldn't pick either. They are too expensive and tie up too much of your budget.

There is too much downside with any double-digit cost driver and very little upside.

You need to look for the diamonds in the rough - drivers that might not win, but will finish nearly every race.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^
It is so hard to separate team/driver loyalty from playing the game. But you will see I did just fine

Quick Reply: The 2010 TS Formula 1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread