Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The 2010 TS Formula 1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
I think what's going to happen is that, over the course of the season, the administrators will value drivers commensurate with the 45m option. They will make it so that non-45m teams can catch up; otherwise, it just doesn't seem very fair or competitive. But then once the values inflate enough to exceed 45m option, the 45m teams will complain that values are too inflated . . . just a prediction For example, what if Fernando keeps winning pole and the race week after week after week: do the administrators continue to increase his value such that you only need him and two other drivers to be way above 45? Or do the administrators have a "ceiling" in mind for drivers no matter how well they consistently perform the entire season (which makes it hard to approach the 45m teams)?

I can't see how, with exactness, they could make both options equally footed from the get go (and maybe that's why I'm stupid for not going with the 45 option). As always, I'm excited to see how it plays out and will follow as closely regardless.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Over_Under
I think what's going to happen is that, over the course of the season, the administrators will value drivers commensurate with the 45m option. They will make it so that non-45m teams can catch up; otherwise, it just doesn't seem very fair or competitive. But then once the values inflate enough to exceed 45m option, the 45m teams will complain that values are too inflated . . . just a prediction For example, what if Fernando keeps winning pole and the race week after week after week: do the administrators continue to increase his value such that you only need him and two other drivers to be way above 45? Or do the administrators have a "ceiling" in mind for drivers no matter how well they consistently perform the entire season (which makes it hard to approach the 45m teams)?

I can't see how, with exactness, they could make both options equally footed from the get go (and maybe that's why I'm stupid for not going with the 45 option). As always, I'm excited to see how it plays out and will follow as closely regardless.
Now you guys know why I love Erich. He breaks stuff down like this.

Thanks brother!!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I just made a major move in my lineup. I hope it works out.

Sure glad I gained that 1.5 M on Alonso or I would be in deep crapola.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I just made a major move in my lineup. I hope it works out.

Sure glad I gained that 1.5 M on Alonso or I would be in deep crapola.
Does that translate into "I got rid of Jenson Button" ?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadow
that would be my guess

Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I made some pretty big switches to my lineup as well.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I can't get rid of Jenson. I am stuck with him for now.

I don't have enough money to Drop Jenson and have 3 top guys.

Think about it and do the math.

If I drop Jenson and pick someone like Vettel, then I have Alonso, Vettel, Rubens and Sutil. That doesn't really improve me that much.

The bottom line is that Vettel scored more points on his own than Rubens and Sutil did combined - even though Rubens and Sutil finished the race and didn't do that badly. Heck, Rubens even scored a point.

I think that - in order to have a chance - you must get the 50 point bonus for the pole sitter and pick the race winner. That is the only way we 40 M budget guys can compete with the 45 M budget guys.

Right now, the smart strategy is to go with the three best drivers you can afford and hope they go up enough in value so that you can add a quality 4th driver after a few races.

The new rules have really turned the whole game upside down from last year.

Time will tell if it works or not. But it is still a lot of fun!

Old 03-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
I can't get rid of Jenson. I am stuck with him for now.

I don't have enough money to Drop Jenson and have 3 top guys.

Think about it and do the math.

If I drop Jenson and pick someone like Vettel, then I have Alonso, Vettel, Rubens and Sutil. That doesn't really improve me that much.

The bottom line is that Vettel scored more points on his own than Rubens and Sutil did combined - even though Rubens and Sutil finished the race and didn't do that badly. Heck, Rubens even scored a point.

I think that - in order to have a chance - you must get the 50 point bonus for the pole sitter and pick the race winner. That is the only way we 40 M budget guys can compete with the 45 M budget guys.

Right now, the smart strategy is to go with the three best drivers you can afford and hope they go up enough in value so that you can add a quality 4th driver after a few races.

The new rules have really turned the whole game upside down from last year.

Time will tell if it works or not. But it is still a lot of fun!
The League is a blast this year, It gets you thinking more. I thought the same thing about the 3 quality drivers vs 2 quality and 2 so-so drivers. It makes sense to drop Button, Rubens, and Sutil and get 2 drivers worth the money imo. why waste your time with a one shot wonder? I know you're loyal to McLaren and all, but still

Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The League is a blast this year, It gets you thinking more. I thought the same thing about the 3 quality drivers vs 2 quality and 2 so-so drivers. It makes sense to drop Button, Rubens, and Sutil and get 2 drivers worth the money imo. why waste your time with a one shot wonder? I know you're loyal to McLaren and all, but still
I just reviewed my budget and realized that I did the math wrong.

You can't blame me - I am an attorney.

I realized that I can afford the three-driver lineup that I wanted.

So I dropped Jenson like a hot rock.

I think I have the best possible lineup right now.

But because the best drivers went up in value, I am at a disadvantage in overall budget.

We will just have to wait and see.....

Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!

I think I have the best possible lineup right now.
Then we must have the same 3 drivers

Quick Reply: The 2010 TS Formula 1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread