Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.
View Poll Results: How should the 2010 F1 Fantasy League be set up? (See post below)
Start with 45.0 million budget but no driver changes
20.83%
Start with 40.0 million budget with unlimited driver changes
79.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Team Speed Formula 1 Fantasy League - News and Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I know I'll be sticking with last year's set up and changing my driver lineup regularly. It makes it a lot more interesting and it's fun to work some strategies.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
Are you saying that the whole league needs to commit to the same strategy?

I thought it was just individual teams that do?

Quote:
This year there are 2 different types of team you can create. You can start with a 45.0m but not be able to change your drivers once the season gets underway, or you can have a 40.0m budget and make as many changes as you like throughout the year. All teams will be competing with one another, regardless of strategy adopted. For full details of the differences between these options, please read the how to play page.
You may be right.

When I went to set up the league, however, it asked me to choose again.

I will look into it.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I know I'll be sticking with last year's set up and changing my driver lineup regularly. It makes it a lot more interesting and it's fun to work some strategies.
+1.

You hit the nail on the head dude.

If you're stuck with the same drivers, it's a hit or miss. You could either run away with it or hit the bottom of the barrel.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
^ +2 It would almost be like a guessing game....taking all the fun out of the game.

Last years setup for me as well

Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Start with 40.0 million budget with unlimited driver changes

it will keep us more engaged through out the season

Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the problem I see with the 45M limit is that you can maybe get 6 drivers max and they'll all be bottom of the barrel drivers that you'll be stuck with all season. If you know how to work the system with the initial 40M limit, you can pretty easily get up to the 9 driver cap and have them all be the best of the best with money to spare. There were quite a few people who did that last year.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
No changes would make for a boring league....

Much less banter I would guess as nothing would change week to week except the scores... I agree that many would be less engaged...

Oh and here is a quick picture of what I picked up this week... I will post more when my wheels arrive in a few weeks...

1996 TT with 16K miles... Sweeeeet.....

Look out Hamilton... I may lap you now...

And Dana... Please no mishaps like last season.. It was never the same without you..

Last edited by Gary (FL); 02-07-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking 993 Gary!
Congrats

Old 02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
got my team setup just now.....anyone else?

Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
didnt even join yet...
when is the deadline ?

what is your line my Tifosi friend

Quick Reply: Team Speed Formula 1 Fantasy League - News and Decisions