Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari unveils F10 in Maranello

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Post Ferrari unveils F10 in Maranello

Ferrari became the first team to launch its 2010 car, unveiling its new F10 challenger in Maranello this morning.

The car will get its first run on Ferrari's Fiorano test track this afternoon, before being transported to Valencia for the first day of official testing on February 1. After a lacklustre performance last year, which saw the team score just one victory, it decided to scrap the development of its 2009 car mid-season and focus on the F10.

Technical director Aldo Costa said the new car has been designed from scratch around the double diffuser at the rear of the car, which was covered during the launch, and the larger fuel tank necessary under the refuelling ban. The championship hopes of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso will rest on the design and team boss Stefano Domenicali is hoping the F10 will be able to deliver.

"This championship will be very important for us," said Domenicali. "The last championship, for different reasons, was not very positive. That is why we are dealing with this one looking to be competitive - and that is what Ferrari deserves.

"Fernando Alonso, has been twice world champion and we want to deliver him his third title. He already appears among the champions in F1, it is the right moment for him to join us, he wants to be successful and we want to repeat the success we've had at Ferrari in the past. I think we will see a new Felipe this year. Felipe has all the assets to succeed and he has proved that he wants to continue the good work he was doing before his accident in Hungary. Good luck to both of them."

Alonso said he was proud to be a Ferrari driver and to attend his first launch with his new team.

"This is the first time I've been at a Ferrari presentation and it is very emotional for me," he said. "I want to thank the whole team because they have worked really hard in the last few months to create this new car. I also want to thank sponsors and partners as they have worked hard and they have shown a lot of passion. Felipe and I will be a very strong team and we hope we will make all the Ferrari supporters around the world very proud to see this car winning the championship."

Massa will test the car for the first time this afternoon and said he was very excited about the prospect of getting behind the wheel of a brand new Ferrari.

"It is undoubtedly a great pleasure to be here at another Ferrari launch, it is a special moment because last year was very difficult," Massa said. "I had the accident and everything else that happened. I am proud and very happy and feel that I want to work harder than ever before. So I really hope that this will be a very competitive car and we will be fighting for the championship and to be on pole position."

Pictures source.

Article source.

I can't find any high res pictures anywhere, will update the thread later on when I do.

PS, make sure you take a good look at this car, it will always be behind the Merc Powered ones.

Last edited by edbhr; 01-28-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's a pretty damn good looking car. I like the top view in particular.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AutoCritical is an unknown quantity at this point
Revisiting the color trend of circa 2002-2005ish? is it because Shumi is back?

I guess from the side view, the red helps the car look not as 'tall' as it is.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
why does the article say ferrari is the first to launch its 2010 car. I thought mercedes launched last week

Old 01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I like the look of it

hopefully it drives better than it looks though

Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barchetta7550
why does the article say ferrari is the first to launch its 2010 car. I thought mercedes launched last week
I think they just launched the new livery on last years car.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that ferrari took design cues from red bulls '09 car? I thought ferrari was supposed to be leaders in design

Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
I think they just launched the new livery on last years car.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that ferrari took design cues from red bulls '09 car? I thought ferrari was supposed to be leaders in design
Well I see your point but the 2009 RBR was gorgeous and Adrian Newey undoubtedly makes the most beautiful F1 cars so no I'm not bothered.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Looks slow.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by edbhr
PS, make sure you take a good look at this car, it will always be behind the Merc Powered ones.
The only way this car is going to be behind a Merc is when its lapping it

Old 01-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Since they will both be behind my man Lewis, it's all just a battle for second place anyhow.

Quick Reply: Ferrari unveils F10 in Maranello