Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Schumacher not out to prove a point

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Schumacher not out to prove a point

Michael Schumacher says he returns to Formula 1 feeling he has nothing to prove as he starts his quest to win a record-extending eighth world title.
The German star was officially presented as a Mercedes GP driver at the new team’s launch event in Stuttgart on Monday, with the Ferrari legend appearing in his new team’s famous silver colours for the first time.
After initially bringing down the curtain on his unparalleled 15-year career in motorsport’s top level with a title near-miss in 2006, Schumacher returns aiming to show that he can still operate at his previous best despite turning 41 last month and in the face of competition from a new generation of young stars.
But while much is being made of the fact he is up to 18 years older than some of his likely rivals for the championship, the seven-time champion insists he hasn’t come out of retirement to prove a point to anyone else and is instead just delighted to have the opportunity to compete in F1 once again.
“I have nothing to prove about my age or anything," he was quoted as saying by Reuters.
"I just have to prove to myself that I am still able but the main reason why I am doing this is because I feel again thrilled by it. “I feel big excitement to just drive and compete at the highest level of motorsport.”
The first phase of Schumacher’s glittering career, in which he broke all of Formula 1’s main historical records, was chequered by controversy during his spells at both Benetton and Ferrari.
However, asked by a journalist on Monday if he was using his comeback to show his critics he could "win in the right way", Schumacher bristled at the suggestion his past success had been achieved by underhand tactics.
"Sure, 91 victories and seven titles. You win only in a bad way," he replied.
"Absolutely. You're right, and I need to prove it now.
"Let's be sensible and let's think about the reality and look forward to what we might all face and enjoy and learn together. That's what I'm looking for.”
Although Schumacher will become the oldest man to compete in a grand prix since 1992 world champion Nigel Mansell drove in two races for McLaren 15 years ago when he was also 41, the German’s long-time colleague and Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn is convinced fitness won’t prove an issue for the refreshed German.
"I think first of all the raw talent doesn't disappear. What normally happens to drivers is that they lose the physical ability to compete and Formula 1 is a very physical sport,” Brawn said on Monday.
"They lose the physical capacity and they also lose the determination that you need to compete at every race, every minute of the day, every lap on the circuit.
"What I saw with Michael was that he had been refreshed by his break.
"I think you saw today he's looking incredibly fit, he looks far younger than his 41 years. So I don't think the physical side is a problem.”

source[www.itv-f1.com]

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
He has nothing left to prove. He just doesn't know what to do with himself if he's not racing...

Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
He has nothing left to prove. He just doesn't know what to do with himself if he's not racing...
+1

And as long as he is physically and mentally able to do so, while bringing results for a team willing to pay him, and boosting a sport we all love -- I'm all for it.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Schumi uber Alles!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to like.no.other again.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
He still has to prove he can beat Alonso in equal equipment ... and now, I suppose, he has to prove he can beat Hamilton as well.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
He still has to prove he can beat Alonso in equal equipment ... and now, I suppose, he has to prove he can beat Hamilton as well.
Great Point even as a Ferrari fan i would love to see Michael kicking the snot out Alonso and Hamilton

Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Jay Leno chin.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by like.no.other
Great Point even as a Ferrari fan i would love to see Michael kicking the snot out Alonso and Hamilton
He might beat alonso but I'm not sure about Hamilton, unless they both run each other off the track.

Disclaimer: Mclaren Fan

Old 01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Saw a quote during his failed come back last year to replace Massa, can't find it now, where Schui said "I will not repeat Jordan, I am here to win!"

Old 01-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
Very true, and this is what makes his come back interesting.

I must spread some before I can rep you again like.no.other.

Quick Reply: Schumacher not out to prove a point