Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Button says Vettel's inexperience mad championship easier.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Button needs to check his ego at the door. I don't normally like to chalk things up to the car, but in this case, Button would've have had a chance at winning the title if it weren't for his car being just that little bit better at the beginning of the season. Actually, had Hamilton not crashed Vettel out in Melbourne, he would've stood a great chance at taking out at least Barrichello and possibly Button as well. That could've easily swung the title in the young German's favor.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ I believe Vettel crashed out Vettel (and Kubica) in Melbourne. Besides that, I echo the sentiments of all the above posts.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
^ I believe Vettel crashed out Vettel (and Kubica) in Melbourne. Besides that, I echo the sentiments of all the above posts.
Oh that's right. My bad. I got Hamilton's incident with Glock (or was it Trulli?) mixed up with Vettel's incident.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Oh that's right. My bad. I got Hamilton's incident with Glock (or was it Trulli?) mixed up with Vettel's incident.
That's what happen when you're too busy keeping your post count up. The quality of your posts go downhill. JK!

Old 11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
That's what happen when you're too busy keeping your post count up. The quality of your posts go downhill. JK!
I thought you said you were going to take a break?....Some Break

We may need to have an Intervention here

Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Shadow
I thought you said you were going to take a break?....Some Break

We may need to have an Intervention here
I couldn't resist.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadow
Vettel is twice the driver Button is imo. given both drivers have the similar cars, Vettel would mop the floor with button, and do it again for not getting the corners.

Brawn won the Championship for Button, if it wasn't for the car, Button would have less points than Lewis Hamilton.
Couldn't agree more and I'm getting tired of Button telling us how great he is. An entire career of mediocrity and he finally gets a car that's far superior than everyone elses (at least for the first half of the season). As soon as the other teams got their cars up to speed his winning was pretty much finished. Brawn won the championship not Button. Just my .02.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
Sorry, if Vettel was in his car for the first 6 races he would be the world champ.
Yep, Jenson can suck one for this statement

Old 11-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
my 2 cents

Brawn won both titles for three reasons: a faster car in the first part of the season that was much better than the rest of the grid, Ross Brawn's flawless strategy that led to all of Jenson's P1's and the fact that IMO Button is the smoothest driver on the grid he's very precise and drives the car with the least driver input (corrections) possible. On the other hand Drivers like Button don't drive aggressively enough like my favorite risk takers like Alonso, Vettel, Lewis, Massa and my favorite rookie Kobaiashi (who I hope secures a drive for next season).

Having said that I hope Kimi lands at McMerc, RBR get Mercedes Power and Rossberg ends up at Brawn. I would like to see four serious contenders for the Championships and I believe that with what I stated earlier that would be the perfect formula.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
Brawn won both titles for three reasons: a faster car in the first part of the season that was much better than the rest of the grid, Ross Brawn's flawless strategy that led to all of Jenson's P1's and the fact that IMO Button is the smoothest driver on the grid he's very precise and drives the car with the least driver input (corrections) possible. On the other hand Drivers like Button don't drive aggressively enough like my favorite risk takers like Alonso, Vettel, Lewis, Massa and my favorite rookie Kobaiashi (who I hope secures a drive for next season).

Having said that I hope Kimi lands at McMerc, RBR get Mercedes Power and Rossberg ends up at Brawn. I would like to see four serious contenders for the Championships and I believe that with what I stated earlier that would be the perfect formula.
Four serious contenders would make for an awesome season imo.....I'd like to see USGPE up there. Even though I can't stand Alonso or Massa, Lets hope Ferrari gets things going next year.

Quick Reply: Button says Vettel's inexperience mad championship easier.