Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

FOTA Calls Off Breakaway Series - Monte Hails Mosley's Efforts

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
FOTA Calls Off Breakaway Series - Monte Hails Mosley's Efforts

Adding to Dutchnick's post from earlier today.

So, it was all "saber rattling" after all.

autosport.com - F1 News: FOTA teams call off breakaway series

autosport.com - F1 News: Di Montezemolo hails Mosley contribution

Old 06-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
HA HA, there it is. Mosley fully acknowledges that the FOTA teams were going to get rid of him anyway in October. So there it is. He and the teams have known this all along, for weeks, and the press has missed that critical fact: his term is up and he's up for another vote in October. There's no way he would have been re-elected, no way. And that would mean the FOTA block votes in their guy, who would then scrap the budget cap. Mosley is to blame for months and months of sabber rattling and positioning. He could have just said "I'm stepping down" months ago and all of this would have been sorted out easily. But no. He had to assert himself until the last possible moment, when push came to shove and FOTA were breaking away. What a punk.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Yawn. I figured it would come down to this with the game of chicken FOTA was playing with the FIA. Max had to flinch first, and that's obviously what he did here. I'm actually pretty disappointed as I had really wanted to see a breakaway series. I just hope they ease up on the regulations a bit to make the racing more exciting in the future.