Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Le Mans Invites F1 Manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Le Mans Invites F1 Manufacturers

This should stoke the fire.

autosport.com - Le Mans News: Le Mans invites F1 manufacturers

Old 06-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely torn on this one. I love sports car racing, but its benefit at the death of F1 as we know it? It would be great to see Ferrari, Toyota, BMW, and if all the rumors are correct, Porsche going for overall honors at the greatest race.

It would make for one hell of a 24hr of LM banter thread next year. Only problem is that I don't think a lot of these manufacturers could get the same advertising reach that they do in F1.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Here are a few things that come to mind when I think of the possibility of F1 teams going to the Euro LMS:

1) Maybe F1 should consider adopting rules more similar to F1 in that the more teams on the grid, the better. While F1 should be one class and does not need multiple tiers of cars, I'd love to see closer to 30 cars on the grid.

2) F1 needs to find better tracks.

3) I'd love to see more F1 teams compete in Euro LMS and if F1 really lost all of its premier teams, I'd definitely convert to following Euro LMS much more closely. The problem here is that there is practically ZERO coverage of the series in the US. We've got ALMS, but that's a joke compared to the original Euro version.

4) If the F1 teams were to drop out and join Le Mans Series, it would truly need to become a worldwide series, much in the way that F1 is now in order for the F1 manufacturers joining LMS to get the sponsors and commercial audience they would need to survive. ALMS and LMS would need to merge and compete in far more races for this to work.