Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - Official Formula 1 Bahrain GP Fantasy Recap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
That issue with Webber is exactly why I sold him during the race. As soon as it became apparent he wouldn't be performing (again) as expected, capitalized on his value and pulled the eject handle. I added Hamilton and Raikkonen, so now my line up is:

Button
Barichello
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Rosberg

Excellent recap Dana. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Rosberg is gonna kill you like he did me for 2 weeks. His value won't rise above 8.00 m again this year.

Button is a solid pick of course. But I don't think he can get much more popular so 14.0 m is his cap.

Barrichello is solid but could taper if the team needs to put the focus on one car for financial reasons. Plus the cameras hate him - they just don't show him much. I would cap him at 10.50 m.

Raikkonen is going to improve. But he doesn't care. Top value might reach 11.0 m by the end.

Lewis will regain last year's form in Spain and could be a 14.0 m driver in a couple of weeks.

A good lineup. You might trade out Barrichello and Rosberg for Vettel and Sutil. Rosberg and Sutil are of pretty equal value if they both finish the race.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-28-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
WOW
What a recap… thank you Dana

It was a great even/race hope some of you guys get to go to these races because no photo or TV can ever measure up!

It was my pleasure to share the pix with you and would like to thank you all for your kind works, and thank you Dana again for taking the time and hosting these threads.
I think we all can see how much time and effort you put into this and it is very highly appreciated.

ps sorry guys for holding our F.Race league down with my low scores

Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
ps sorry guys for holding our F.Race league down with my low scores
i didnt think about it this way, but now that you mention it

Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Dana,

Your recaps are great!!! The time and effort you put in to this should be applauded !!

Or should we get you a real life... Nah, we would miss you..

Old 04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent recap, Dana! Sorry I didn't read it sooner but I wanted to make sure I'd have time to read it thoroughly since I knew it would be another great post from you.

I'm trying to get into the habit of picking my drivers for upcoming races during the last 10-20 laps of the current race I'm watching. I did that during the Bahrain GP and it paid off for me. I dropped Kubica, Sutil, and Rosberg from my 6 driver lineup (keeping Hamilton, Button, and Barrichello) and sticking with what I feel will be a solid 5 driver lineup by replacing them with Raikkonen and Trulli.

As Dana mentioned, Trulli and Raikkonen are both wildcards at the moment. It's very unpredictable to know how their values will fare in the upcoming weeks. I have a feeling that Barrichello will be the stalwart of the season and his value will hover very close to 10m from here on out unless he has an unusually poor race. At this point, I know that I need to have Vettel on my team but it's a very hard decision on who to drop in order to buy him. Perhaps I could snatch Vettel and Kubica for the price of Trulli and Kimi? Or Trulli and Barrichello? I'd like to aim for a 6+ driver team again, but it's getting tricky to do so without making huge sacrifices, or at the very least, taking big risks.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget the rep!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Don't forget the rep!
You're such rep whore. I expect to get rep'ed back...

Old 04-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Come on! I have repped you more than I have any other single Team Speed member!

Besides, I earn it with the recaps.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Dana you are already the first in the site... what are you aiming for exactly

Quick Reply: F1 - Official Formula 1 Bahrain GP Fantasy Recap