Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton to face FIA probe alone

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton to face FIA probe alone

Lewis Hamilton may be alone when he faces the World Motor Sport Council in Paris, a source at F1's governing body FIA has suggested.

The Guardian reports that Dave Ryan, the former Sporting Director who attended the Australia and Malaysia stewards hearings with the reigning world champion, will not be compelled to answer to the inquiry probing McLaren's alleged dishonesty.

"The FIA has jurisdiction only over its licence holders and their employees," the source is quoted as saying by the British newspaper.

Ryan was initially suspended and then sacked by the Mercedes-powered team, after Hamilton claimed he was 'misled' by the long serving McLaren staffer.

"We cannot compel Dave Ryan to attend or give evidence if he feels unwilling to do so. We have yet to hear precisely who will be representing the McLaren team in attending the meeting," the FIA source added.

The source also gave a damning account of Hamilton and Ryan's explanations to the race stewards, claiming the pair repeatedly insisted that Jarno Trulli was not deliberately allowed past, despite mounting evidence to the contrary.

"It appeared that the strategy (Hamilton and Ryan's) was to be extremely vague and not be very direct with the answers. Then the interview where he (Hamilton) said 'I was told to let him past' was played," the source explained.

"At this point both got very uncomfortable, but still denied that's what actually happened."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If Lewis is made to hang for this, especially on his own, he'll leave McLaren. The question will be this: Where will he go? Ferrari is sucking, Brawn is (probably) a temporary success, the others are still finding their way. I would still guess Ferrari...

Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
This is a major embarrassment for the outfit and its' fans. I would rather have one point less than have this ostrich sized egg on my face.

I wonder how he would feel if he got away with it and won the championship by 1 point?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
You're on to something Chris. Brawn and Branson are licking their chops right now.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my dream scenario (and someone in the Schumi thread had a similar idea):

Brawn gets Virgin and other sponsors. Brawn hires Schumi to come work with him again as his "Driver Development Guru". Lewis comes to drive when Barrichello finally hangs up his helmet. All-British team (Brawn/Button/Branson/Hamilton)...

Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Brawn gets Virgin and other sponsors. Brawn hires Schumi to come work with him again as his "Driver Development Guru". Lewis comes to drive when Barrichello finally hangs up his helmet. All-British team (Brawn/Button/Branson/Hamilton)...
Yes Chris, that's the shots right there!

Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute

Great minds think alike. I mentioned that scenario over on one of the F1 threads a few days ago. I really think the above mentioned scenario has a much greater chance of happening than people realize......

1) Lewis cannot be happy with McLaren right now - underperforming car, being told to lie, etc.
2) Schumi cannot be happy with what essentially amounts to a "figurehead" role with Ferrari, AND he is being blamed for their poor performance.
3) Ross Brawn has a good history with Schumi
4) Ross Brawn has a HUGE ego, wants to be the best, will want the best around him
5) Richard Branson has a HUGE ego. He has had a taste of short term success. If he wants long term success, he is going to have to hire the best.
6) Like Chris mentioned, Branson/Brawn ("Brawnson?") will appeal to Lewis to stay British, and not go to Ferrari. Brawn will claim that he is the reason for their success, and if Schumi joins the team, then they both will claim they are the reason for Ferrari's past successes.
7) Schumi is all about excellence and winning. He is not going to associate himself with losing, not stand for taking the blame for losing.

It is all starting to make sense......

Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute

That would be simply amazing...

Old 04-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very curious to see what the outcome of these hearings will be but it's really starting to bug me that they keep dragging these things out when the punishments (which were already a bit over the top) have been handed out. I really think Ryan got the short end of the stick here and was unfairly cut, but that's just part of the joke called politics in F1 right now. As for Hamilton leaving McLaren, he's still under contract for the next couple of years, iirc so I don't see him going anywhere, especially if McLaren can get to the point of having a competitive car this season. Then again, even if they do find the necessary speed on the track to compete against Brawn GP, that might not be enough for Hamilton if he keeps getting reamed with penalty after penalty all stemming from this one incident at the first race of the season. Brawn is the only place I could ever see him going if he wasn't on McLaren and I'm sure the next open spot on Ferrari will be made available to Vettel anyway.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
That would be simply amazing...
Keep the dream alive!!!