Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Official F1 Chinese Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter and Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by whitlock
You can buy and sell during the race??? I thought they locked it up on Friday.
Don't you read my Recaps??

You can switch your drivers out for the following race at any time. The Friday cut-off is just for that week's race. So during the Malaysian GP you can swap drivers out for the Chinese GP and so forth. I traded Kimi for Rubens and Kubica for Rosberg during the race.

It is a key strategy because they don't start climbing in value until after the race. Most players wait until the race is over to change their lineups. It is also one BIG advantage to watching the race live. But it can cut both ways, some drivers do go down - for instance Alonso lost near 1.0 m from the race until today.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
its time to make some changes to mine. i dropped alonso for button last week but vettel and kubica are killing me and hamilton and mclaren still havent found the pace

Old 04-06-2009, 07:05 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Don't you read my Recaps??

You can switch your drivers out for the following race at any time. The Friday cut-off is just for that week's race. So during the Malaysian GP you can swap drivers out for the Chinese GP and so forth. I traded Kimi for Rubens and Kubica for Rosberg during the race.

It is a key strategy because they don't start climbing in value until after the race. Most players wait until the race is over to change their lineups. It is also one BIG advantage to watching the race live. But it can cut both ways, some drivers do go down - for instance Alonso lost near 1.0 m from the race until today.
I enjoy your recaps but I didn't pick that part! I'll have to remember this during China.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Gee Dana no Lewis?

no McLovin for you huh?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like Im popping my banter thread cherry. Im here guys! lol. 2 weeks is a long time to wait. i had to stay out of the other threads till I watched my DVR, it was hard to go a whole day without knowing what happened!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
AutoCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
I finally changed my fantasy f1 strategy for China, went with the four driver strategy! My lineup is:

Barrichello
Rosberg
Massa
Sutil

Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Current Lineup:

Button
Barrichello
Vettel
Rosberg
Glock
Vettel has kept you from going far on the first two races.

Last edited by The Doctor; 04-06-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Vettel has kept you from going far on the first two races.
But I honestly believe that Vettel is the finest young driver on the grid and I bought him at 7.0 m. He and Button - who I bought at 6.3 m - are my only two great buys this year. I just know that he is going to break out of it. Kubica wrecked him from a sure podium in Aus and he spun out on slicks in the rain in Mal. He will overcome.

I officially predict a big shakeup in the grid in China.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by AutoCEO
I finally changed my fantasy f1 strategy for China, went with the four driver strategy! My lineup is:

Barrichello
Rosberg
Massa
Sutil
When you can snatch the piston from my hand, you will be ready....

The Massa move is not a bad one at all. It may pay out since you bought him around 10.0 m. But Rosberg cost you too much at over 8.0 m. Sutil is a great 5th driver - but you only have a 4-man team. Take a look at your budget numbers:

Your team is only worth 33.80 m with a trade-in value of only 33.0 m. You started with 40.0 m. You have LOST 7.00 m since the start of the season. That's a quality mid-range 5th driver right there - e.g., you could buy Alonso for that right now. Get my point.

Check out my team:

My team has a trade in value of 50.4 m. That gives me some pretty nice flexibility in this crazy driver market where Massa costs less than Rubens and Kimi is under 10.0 m!

You need to pick up some very cheap guys that you think will go up in value over the next race or two and hope to get your trade-in budget back to 40.0 m. Then you will be able to move up the league. But with a 4-man team and Sutil as your 4th driver, you don't have much of a chance.

Lesson complete young grasshopper . . .

Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
But I honestly believe that Vettel is the finest young driver on the grid and I bought him at 7.0 m. He and Button - who I bought at 6.3 m - are my only two great buys this year. I just know that he is going to break out of it. Kubica wrecked him from a sure podium in Aus and he spun out on slicks in the rain in Mal. He will overcome.

I officially predict a big shakeup in the grid in China.
What about Hamilton?

But yes, Vettel is an impressive driver. But I do not wish him well since he isn't on my team.

Quick Reply: The Official F1 Chinese Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter and Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]