Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

****FIA clears contested diffusers****

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation ****FIA clears contested diffusers****

The protest lodged against the diffusers used by the Toyota, Williams and Brawn GP teams has been rejected by the FIA after a six-hour audition in Melbourne ahead of this week-end's season-opening Grand Prix.

Technical delegates had cleared the cars earlier today following the scrutineering process, but at least four teams - Renault, Red Bull, BMW Sauber and Ferrari - did not agree and formally protested.

The contesting teams had one hour to file an appeal of the FIA's decision, and they have done so with the excpetion of BMW Sauber, as reports indicate the team's paperwork arrived past the deadline.

The appeal hearing will take place after the Malaysian Grand Prix at earliest; therefore the disputed teams' race results shall remain provisional in the meantime.

Toyota statement:
Toyota Motorsport has studied the wording of the new 2009 regulations in precise detail to ensure that we have interpreted them correctly.

Toyota Motorsport Chairman Tadashi Yamashina said: "We are pleased with the decision of the race stewards but we prefer not to comment further on the situation. This weekend promises to be a tremendously exciting Australian Grand Prix so we are now looking forward to starting the competition on track with the first practice sessions on Friday."

Williams statement:
The Stewards of the Meeting for the Australian Grand Prix have rejected a protest lodged by Renault, Ferrari and Red Bull and confirmed that the Williams-Toyota FW31 is technically compliant with the appropriate 2009 Formula One Technical Regulations.

Williams' Technical Director Sam Michael said, "We are pleased with the Stewards' decision and we have no further comment to make."

Daniel BASTIEN
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2009, 01:35 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Virgin just announced they will be sponsoring Brawn now that they have been cleared for the diffuser!

Crazy stuff happening right up to the start of the weekend!

Old 03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
I was just about to post that in a separate thread but since you beat me to it I might as well post it here

Sir Richard Branson is on his way to Melbourne to unveil his Virgin brand's sponsorship of the Brawn team for 2009, Britain's Times newspaper reports.

It is claimed a deal has been reached between the Brackley-based team and the British billionaire, which according to a 'senior source' will involve 'extensive Virgin branding' on the BGP 001.

The unsponsored Brawn cars in Melbourne, however, were on Thursday sporting essentially the same blank yellow and blank liveries as in winter testing.

A further indication of the eleventh-hour nature of a Virgin deal is that Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello had their official photographs taken on Thursday, sporting plain white and black overalls with no significant sponsor branding.

The Times, reporting that Bernie Ecclestone 'confirmed that a deal was reached,' reports that the Virgin agreement is not a title sponsorship and that the precise size of the backing is still being discussed.

Last month, Branson and Virgin reportedly considered buying the former Honda team outright.

E.A, Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
sorry! We must get the same news feeds. I think it is deserving of its own topic, first time Virgin is in the sport no?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
This is good news. I can't stand the politics of F1. Even though I'm a Ferrari fan, I'm glad that these diffusers passed. If these teams are faster than the normal front runners it will be a nice shake up to the grid.

Frank Williams is a great man for F1 and it's good to see his team having some success again. Brawn as well, and it's nice to see that Toyota's F1 investment might lead it to serious points this season.

Let's just hope they don't lose the appeal in Paris, as it seems they've made good use of the loopholes in the rule.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ajs887
This is good news. I can't stand the politics of F1. Even though I'm a Ferrari fan, I'm glad that these diffusers passed. If these teams are faster than the normal front runners it will be a nice shake up to the grid.

Frank Williams is a great man for F1 and it's good to see his team having some success again. Brawn as well, and it's nice to see that Toyota's F1 investment might lead it to serious points this season.

Let's just hope they don't lose the appeal in Paris, as it seems they've made good use of the loopholes in the rule.
I agree with you 110% F1 politics bring out the worst in F1 I sincerely hope that Williams, Toyota and Brawn in particular come out of this unscathed

Old 03-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
I agree with you 110% F1 politics bring out the worst in F1 I sincerely hope that Williams, Toyota and Brawn in particular come out of this unscathed
and actually compete this season....

Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Big news!! Better change those fantasy rosters guys and gals!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Big news!! Better change those fantasy rosters guys and gals!
assuming they were going to race either way, it does not matter if the FIA goes back later and says that the parts were illegal. the fantasy points will not be altered to reflect and changes in the results.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
assuming they were going to race either way, it does not matter if the FIA goes back later and says that the parts were illegal. the fantasy points will not be altered to reflect and changes in the results.
Are you sure?? Does the site state this in the rules?

I'm not doubting you - I just didn't see that.

Quick Reply: ****FIA clears contested diffusers****