Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

News of the day March 4th (Juicy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Talking News of the day March 4th (Juicy)

Schumacher makes surprise visit to Jerez

Michael Schumacher made a surprise appearance at the Jerez test on Wednesday, his first public outing since a sizeable motorcycle testing crash and visit to hospital last month.

The 40-year-old former seven time world champion was wearing Ferrari team uniform and headphones, and was spotted trackside, in the pitlane and the pits, and at one point in conversation with Mark Webber, who like Schumacher in 1999 is facing a racing comeback from a broken leg.

Observers said the team ‘advisor’, who arrived in a hired Alfa Romeo, was seemingly not able to move his neck completely freely. He will return to observe Thursday's action at the Spanish circuit, a Ferrari spokesman confirmed.

"Michael is here advising Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen for two days," Luca Colajanni is quoted as saying by Bild newspaper.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari gossip for Vettel, Alonso, goes on

Job-description aside, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso have another thing in common: speculation linking them with a future move to Ferrari.

On a visit this week to the Italian university Politecnico di Milano, Vettel - despite only recently inking a two year deal with Red Bull Racing - was asked about the rumours predicting his next move.

"To Ferrari? I don't know," he answered. "I hope so, one day, because it would be a dream."

However, in the presence of Red Bull technical chief Geoff Willis, Vettel hastily added that he is currently "happy where I am."

Interviewed by Italian radio earlier this week, Renault boss Flavio Briatore was similarly asked about the constant speculation linking his team's Fernando Alonso with a move to the famous Maranello-based marque.

Likening the speculation to a "never-ending soap opera that is never aired," the Italian nonetheless admitted the possibility that Alonso will eventually move on.

"If it happens, it will happen, I think all the drivers want to go to Ferrari," Briatore said.

"If he wins the title with us again, I would be calmer about seeing him later on in a Ferrari," he added.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2009, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mansell says Hamilton crown ‘less credible’

Former world champion Nigel Mansell claims his championship success 17 years ago was more ‘credible’ than the Formula One crown of his young countryman Lewis Hamilton.

55-year-old Mansell, a winner of 31 Grand Prix, dominantly won the 1992 drivers' championship in a field including names like Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher.

The race grid also boasted 26 cars in 1992, moving Mansell to surmise that the challenge of winning in the modern era is not as great.

"No disrespect to Lewis but what's the point of a championship where you only have 18 or 20 cars running?" he is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"When I won the title, I beat 25 other cars. That makes Lewis' title 20 percent less credible than mine," Mansell said failing to point out that so dominant was the Williams Renault FW14B package that year, he claimed the championship after just 11 races of the 16 round championship.

E.A, Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha Nigel Mansell is a funny old man... I wouldn't mind seeing plenty more cars on the grid though.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Nigel, still the same prick he always was

Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hahaha Nigel Mansell is a funny old man... I wouldn't mind seeing plenty more cars on the grid though.
Did you not see my post about the idea of customer cars in F1?

Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Nigel is a punk-ass bitch . . .

Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Nigel, still the same prick he always was
Maybe if he was able to back up that "dominant" year with another championship like other great drivers(who have nothing but compliments for Hami), I would take his words with possibly a grain of salt.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
Did you not see my post about the idea of customer cars in F1?
No, I must've missed it. It's not in this thread. Which day of news did you post it in?

Old 03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Nigel is a punk-ass bitch . . .
Nigel "Double-Wide McLaren Cockpit" Mansell? No....