Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Three drivers pay for 2009 Superlicences

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Three drivers pay for 2009 Superlicences

Three Formula One drivers have broken rank, amid their dispute with the sport's governing FIA over the cost of the mandatory Superlicence credentials.

A spokesman for the Paris-based federation confirmed to the German news agency SID that the FIA ‘has received payments from three drivers’.

The F1 drivers' representative group, the Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA), had requested all drivers hold off paying for their licences while the GPDA disputed the latest price increase with FIA President Max Mosley. It is not known which three drivers paid for their 2009 licences.

The GPDA last week issued a statement slamming the latest price increase as ‘inherently unfair’, also refusing to agree to Mosley's request for details about the drivers' individual incomes.

Mosley is believed to have responded to the statement, writing this week in a letter to the GPDA that the FIA will not be backing down from its current position and that drivers without Superlicences will be unable to compete.

E.A, Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I just can't understand the reasoning behind raising the price so significantly aside from just for making some profits. 10K Euro + 2K Euro per point scored, right? That's simply insane! If you want to see drivers race all out, don't tax them for winning! I wouldn't want to finish on the podium every race if I knew I wouldn't have to shell out 20K+ Euros out of pocket every time I did well. If the teams compensate the drivers for winning, this is an increase in price for them as well. I just don't understand the point of the price increase at all...