Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not very impressed by Marcos Ambrose this weekend. He's just making all sorts of horrible mistakes. Kurt Busch sort of got screwed there too.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
One thing about road racing in Nascar is that the craziest things happen and you never know who is going to win or where people will place until the checkers fall.
Gordon is like 22nd right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes in the top 10. Hornish got wrecked by Boris, so that hurts me...

Alzilla, you are correct that Hamlin is a loose cannon today. It seems like he is involved in every incident out there. While it does suck if he takes out your guy, you need to realize that 90% of the guys out there only turn left twice a year and have no road racing experience, so the fact that they keep it on the track is a serious accomplishment. It's very exciting...until your guy gets wrecked, then the offender is an a$$...

Old 06-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Get ready for a wild finish!!!

Green-white-checkered AND a double file restart. NOBODY is going to give an inch on any turn. This should be fun!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a fan of these road races. Too many amateurs out there and no penalties for ruining someone's day with wild antics. Hahaha it's definitely interesting, but incredibly frustrating at the same time. Especially coming from a background where I've always followed road racing like ALMS, F1, etc, the loose rules in NASCAR just ruin the road races for me.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I finished with 601 pts today. A far cry from the 804 pts I had at the beginning of the race, but better than the 407 pts I had towards the middle of the race. Man, that was intense! Talk about a rollercoaster ride!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Yea I was all over the board also...

Old 06-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
So I scored 666 points last week and expected to drop big time on the league leaderboard, but I guess all the top guys had a lousy week because I moved from 227th place to 170th place out of about 150,000. I am only 119 points behind the league leader for this segment!! Boy am I cursing Boris Said for wrecking Hornish, since that cost me a bundle...

New Hampshire is a 1 mile flat-track that is radically different than the 1.5 mile tracks and is more like a road course or a short track with the heavy braking into the turns. Good road racers tend to do well here...

Don't forget to set your lineups before they lock at 2pm!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thanks for the reminder! I'm locked and loaded.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
So it sucks that rain ended it early. Logano wins it, but if the rain had started 2 or 3 laps later, he would have run out of gas and Gordon would have won...

It looks like I had 705 points and I am pretty happy with that.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Damnit Jeff! I just can't keep up with you in this second section. Not sure why, but all my luck seems to have run out. Kudos to you for knowing how to pick 'em though!

Looks like I ended up with 593 pts.

Quick Reply: NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread