Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Renault unveil the R29

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Renault unveil the R29

Ahead of testing today in Portugal, Renault unveiled its new 2009 challenger.

As previously reported, the R29 features sponsorship from French oil giant Total with the front and rear wing end-plates prominently displaying the brand.

Regular racers Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet posed with the new car as did Romain Grosjean who will be the team’s test and reserve driver this year. 2008 test driver Lucas di Grassi tested with Honda at the end of last year and is now rumoured to be looking to the IndyCar series for 2009.

After a strong second half to the 2008 season that saw Renault out-score the likes of Ferrari and McLaren, the team hope that Fernando Alonso will be able to challenge for regular race wins and the championship with the R29.

The team are scheduled to host a press conference following today’s test detailing the new package.

More detail to follow...

New car pictures are now available in the F1-Live.com photograph gallery in the teams section!

Earl ALEXANDER
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
the first picture makes me laugh for some reason

Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Design looks pretty funky. I want to see it from a front angle to better see the side air inlets design.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
the first picture makes me laugh for some reason
I laughed a bit too when I saw the look on Nelson Piquet's face as he stares skyward.

I think the cars really look great this year. I was skeptical at first, but they've really grown on me and just hark back to what the cars looked like 8-10 years ago when Schumacher was in his prime and some of the fiercest racing took place regularly throughout the season.