Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Raikkonen looks ahead to first test

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Raikkonen looks ahead to first test

Kimi Raikkonen admits that 2008 was not his finest of seasons, but at the launch of the new F60 challenger today, the 2007 champion makes clear that he expects to be back in the title hunt this year.

"The last year was not exactly what I wanted but it is in the past now and we try this year again," he said in a video interview. "Of course there is a big question mark how quick the car is and who makes the best car because the rules have changed a lot. I think we are very confident that the car should be very good and we will see that in the next few weeks - how good it is against the others. For sure we try to win both championships but we start testing and then go from there."

The latest generation of Formula One machinery is not particularly attractive with a number of drivers skirting around the issue that the new regulations result in an ugly package. But for Raikkonen, the look is not that important.

"It looks different because of the new regulations but I think after looking at it for a little while you get used to it and for me it looks different but it looks very good," he said. "I'm happy to see it tomorrow on the running at the circuit and see how it goes."

The former champion is well-known for his dislike of Formula One activities away from the track and is looking forward to getting back to racing when the season kicks off in March.

"The racing is the most important thing, the nicest thing for us so it is nice to get back in the car, especially with a new car which is always good fun. It will be very nice to bet back in racing when we start in Melbourne," he concluded.

E.A. © CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think there will be too much competition from Lewis, Massa, and Alonso for Raikkonen to have any real shot at taking the championship this year. I'm going to enjoy watching him try though!