Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

What was the blunder of the year?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
My vote goes for the outcome of the Belgium GP at Spa. Hamilton made a gutsy pass (as all F1 drivers should) and even after cutting the turn and then letting Kimi pass (as mandated in the rules), he passed Kimi again but then was hit by Kimi in the next turn, before Kimi eventually crashed and retired from the race. Hamilton won the race outright and the racing of both drivers created one of the most exciting races in racing history. Unfortunately, the stewards made a very hasty decision to impose a 25 second penalty on Hamilton which cost him the race and bumped him from 1st to 3rd place.

To me, stripping the winner of one of best races ever of his victory makes this the biggest blunder in F1 history, possibly even all-time sports history, imo. Complete and utter bullshit of a call, and one that may have permanently tarnished F1's image.
I hated that it happened, but that was caused by the impatience of Hami. Even tho he allowed Kimi back in front he ended up closer to Kimi than before he short-cutted the turn. Hami was obviously faster and if he was patient would've passed Kimi hands down. I hate for a race to be won like that but the rules were clearly broken.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
I hated that it happened, but that was caused by the impatience of Hami. Even tho he allowed Kimi back in front he ended up closer to Kimi than before he short-cutted the turn. Hami was obviously faster and if he was patient would've passed Kimi hands down. I hate for a race to be won like that but the rules were clearly broken.
+1 exactly Lewis did not think it through with a cool head he obviously had the faster car had he been patient he would have won fair and square. Rules are rules no matter how idiotic