Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Vettel best rookie, DC honoured

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Vettel best rookie, DC honoured

Sebastian Vettel was voted Rookie of the Year at the Autosport Awards on Sunday evening, picking up the prize after a remarkable first full season in Formula 1.

Vettel became Formula 1’s youngest ever race winner at the Italian Grand Prix last September, keeping Heikki Kovalainen’s McLaren at bay during a faultless drive in the wet.

A string of top eight finishes in the second half of the season saw the German finish eighth in the drivers’ championship, 31 points ahead of his team-mate Sebastien Bourdais.

Vettel also out-ranked Mark Webber and David Coulthard at the sister Red Bull team and will replace the outgoing Coulthard at the senior squad next year.

The retiring Scotsman was also honoured, however, picking up a special trophy 20 years after he won the inaugural McLaren Autosport BRDC Award for young drivers.

"It's fantastic to see it's got 1989 on it, the year I won the first award," said Coulthard after being presented the award by Jenson Button.

"I even remember lining up behind Ron's table to thank him for giving me the opportunity to drive his Formula One Car that night.

"I'd also like to say thanks to Autosport for helping me over the years.

"For a while I was nervous that with the internet getting so huge, the magazine would disappear.

"But anyone who has taken a laptop to the toilet knows it's just not the same.

"So thanks to Autosport and to all those who've played a big part in my career."
source[itv-f1.com]

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
"But anyone who has taken a laptop to the toilet knows it's just not the same.
David Coulthard cracks me up.

Glad to hear Sebastian won. He has a very bright future ahead of him.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
David Coulthard cracks me up.
Yeah he's such a great guy can't wait to hear his comentary next season