Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Di Montezemolo Tries To Be Sincere - Fails Miserably

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Di Montezemolo Tries To Be Sincere - Fails Miserably

This sums up the entire F1 Season.

This guy knows that when Ferrari says jump, the FIA will say how high.

I love it at the end when he says that there has been too much tampering by the Stewards, but is quick to turn around and say he agrees with them. Then he blames it on the circuits!

I keep seeing John Lovitz from SNL in my head saying, "Yeah, that's it. The Circuits. Yeah."

From Autosport.com

Di Montezemolo Seeks Team Orders Change

By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 09:51 GMT

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo wants to speak with FIA president Max Mosley about changing the sport's rules on team orders.

After the furore caused by Ferrari switching Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello on the final lap of the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix, team orders that influence the outcome of a race were outlawed by the sport's governing body.

The rule has been accepted for some time and caused little controversy since. However, the fact that Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa's understandable decision to swap places in China was cause for post-race discussion, questions have again been raised about whether the rule needs a tweak to prevent teams being put in awkward positions.

And di Montezemolo has said that he will bring the matter up with Mosley when they next meet.

"I'll talk about it with Mosley, we need to get rid of this hypocrisy," di Montezemolo told Gazzetta dello Sport. "The important thing is not to damage others. Besides that, team work, in a team sport, is one of the best things. Think of a cyclist leading the sprint for another."

Di Montezemolo also acknowledges that there has perhaps been too many stewards' decisions affecting races this year - although thinks in part matters are not helped by the kinds of circuits being raced on.

"Perhaps they've been a bit too picky, but I agree with them, otherwise the grands prix become a mess," he explained. "But the problem is the new circuits - they don't allow for the spectacle. It's enough with one Monaco."

Last edited by Barrister; 10-24-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
The FIA should get rid of the rule, until then it should be obeyed and upheld.

I'm ok with team orders as long as it does not hinder another driver's progress.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
The FIA should get rid of the rule, until then it should be obeyed and upheld.

I'm ok with team orders as long as it does not hinder another driver's progress.
Oh, I hate the disingenuous team order rule. It should be gone. But not just becuase Luca says so.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Oh, I hate the disingenuous team order rule. It should be gone. But not just becuase Luca says so.
Regardless whether Luca says it should be gone it should be revoked, both Mclaren and Ferrari have profited from swapping positions this season and rightly so only one driver will win the WDC and the team should facilitate it

Old 10-24-2008, 03:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by like.no.other
Regardless whether Luca says it should be gone it should be revoked, both Mclaren and Ferrari have profited from swapping positions this season and rightly so only one driver will win the WDC and the team should facilitate it
Absolutely.

I just think that when you have been the beneficiary of EVERY Steward-based points decision this year, it is unnecessary to say that you "agree" with them.